• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

PFT Question for ZOOMIE (or other pilots who can help)

kermit98

Inactive
Reaction score
I was just CT'd off of PFT - mucked up my landings one too many times!  I do not have a PPL, so does that mean I would need to get only my PPL to be eligible to go back to Portage?  Or do I have to get my commercial license?  Zoomie had basically answered this in another thread, but i've heard conflicting things and I don't know if the policy has changed.  Any advice regarding this question, and/or who might be the right people to talk to, would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks.

Sorry to hear dude. 

This stuff changes all the time but a few years ago if you failed you could get your PPL and go back, if you already had a PPL and failed, you could go get a Commercial and get another shot.  But from what I understand it's tough right now, lot's of failures lately and they'll push you to pick a new trade (not many being offered right now either) quickly and once that starts it's hard to make any progress on a PPL nevermind a Commercial (if that's even an option).  You need to talk to the Career Manager for Pilot OJTs in Winnipeg to see what your options are.

Good luck, keep your head up.

PS-don't think Zoomie's in Portage anymore.

Bad luck Kermit.

Mr Kelly pretty much nailed the answer. You will need to discuss the RCAF's latest policy on such matters with the experts in Winnipeg.

Good luck.

Hey, thank you both for getting back to me.  Yes, it's kind of a long shot to be sure, but I'll start there in Winnipeg like you guys said.  I'll let you know how it goes.

yolotuber said:
Are you a pilot now ? :)

If you are asking Kermit, you may have to be patient waiting for an answer,

Last Active: August 20, 2013

Back