• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Phase 2 Pilot wait time

Togakure

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello!
I was wondering if anyone had an impression of wait times for phase 2 in Moose Jaw recently. I know it used to be 2 years, but friends have told me that it had been reduced to 6 months or so... but that was a while ago.

Anyone have any ideas?
Thanks!

Perhaps you can be more specific?  Are you referring to wait times between Phase I and Phase II?

My Phase I was Jan-Feb 2014, did one-week Aeromedical course end of March, then reported to MJ for Phase II mid-April. Barely any gap at all!  Managed to finish up Phase II just before X-mas, now off to Phase IIIRW in just a couple of weeks. Very little waiting. Several classes right behind me reported similar very short gaps btwn Phases 1 & 2. 

If you're done Phase I, I'm pretty sure you won't be sitting around on OJT very long. My advice is to rest up and be ready for when they turn on the hose! First week there expect a 50lb stack of 'light reading' Lol. Enjoy!

(p.s.  Not that you'll have much time, but the gliding club just east of Regina offers CHEAP rides! I'd never done it before, so had to go give it a whirl. I think it was something like 6 rides for $145 or whutnot. Bucket-o-Fun! )

I just joined the waiting list so perhaps I can give you my next course dates, it should give you an idea of the current backlog...

Phase I: November 2015
Phase II: July 2016
AMT course, Land & Sea survival: Fall 2015

Note that these dates are always tentative and may change due to scheduling requirements. If you need any other info, PM me. Cheers!

powerrussia said:
Finished PH I in June 2015, was loaded for PH II for August 2015

Lucky you!! I wish I was in the same position. When did you pass your BMOQ?

BTW, good luck for Phase II!!  ;)

Roger123 said:
What are the wait times looking like for Phase 2 these days?

Completed Ph1 March 2020. Tentatively scheduled for Ph2 Spring 2022...

LS3 said:
Completed Ph1 March 2020. Tentatively scheduled for Ph2 Spring 2022...

Wait what??? I though it was about 6 months... but two years? Man it was already clogged; covid made it really worse. I don't know if i'd even remember a thing from phase 1 after that delay.

What duty are you on while you wait for Spring 2022? Are you back home and paid?

Hang in there, hope somehow they can speed it up and you don't have to wait that long...

I'm told there are several factors contributing to the delay. Unfortunately, I am not informed enough to lend any helpful insight into the matter. I'm sure someone working in 2CAD would be able to shed more light.

Yes I'm back at my home unit performing OJT duties and helping out with my old trade any way that I can (SCP AESOp to Pilot). I'm very fortunate to be waiting at my old SQN (great people/location). It's all pensionable time as well, as they say...

Back