• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Physician Referral Form - Interchangeable?

Canuck10

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello,
I'm in the middle of applying for a position with 32 CER in Toronto. I've completed my CFAT/TSD with no problems, did the FORCE test this morning and am booked for interview and medical in the next two weeks.

However, I've had a problem with the FORCE - this may be a familiar story - my BP was way too high on both readings, around 162/80. At the doctor's my BP was approximately 130/80, which, although in the safe zone, worried my doctor because I'm a very fit 19 year old. I managed to convince her to sign the permission slip however, and as I said completed the FORCE test with no issues at all.

I am however a bit worried about the medical test - I have a bad case of White Coat syndrome and my BP and HR are always higher when being tested by a doctor. If I had a problem with my BP during the CF medical exam, I could potentially convince my doctor to sign another form - but she wants to test me over a period of months, and if she failed to sign another in the next two weeks that could delay my application.

What I'm wondering is (sorry about the essay): can the Annex D Physician Referral/FORCE permission form work for the medical test? That is, if I have an unusually high BP at the CF test could I show that form - or would I have to get my doctor to sign another, different form?

(Yes, I have gone through the "Blood Pressure superthread" and related threads from using the search function.)

Thanks!

:cdn:

Long story short - I'd say no, simply because that is a waiver to take the PT test...it is not carte blanche saying you don't have hypertension.  That note is basically saying the Dr is taking responsibility for you, based on knowing you, that it would be safe to do the PT test.  If your BP is high on the medical, you'll need a note from your doctor regarding what they feel is the issue (if any) - completely different thing, as they're asked about workups, prognoses, etc.

MM

That's what I was thinking - well, I'm hoping I don't need a note!
Thanks.

Back