• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

PLQ / AJLC changes again....

Choco-ShakaZulu

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey everyone, so today I heard from an instructor on a plq course that come September AJLC will only be required for combat trades. Any truth to it? Anyone seen any documents stating some truth?

I presume all trades do plq common, infantry stick their bat shit crazy stuff....and combat arms trades do the AJLC.

Infantry = IPLQ
Combat Support + Army Managed Trades = PLQ+AJLC
RCN/RCAF trades = PLQ

They had been talking about this since before i did my PLQ/AJLC in 2018. It's a matter of who really needs to do it vs nice to have. A clerk probably doesn't need AJLC, but a combat engineer, for sure does. I'd argue some support trades need it was well.

A CANFORGEN has just been released addressing changes to the PLQ (CANFORGEN 072/21 MODIFICATION TO BMQ-L AND DP2 ARMY NCM LEADERSHIP TRAINING REQUIREMENTS (REG F AND RES F)

REFS: A. CANFORGEN 101/08 CMP 040/08 031334Z JUN 08
B. CANFORGEN 092/15 COMD CA 019/15 191700Z MAY 15
C. CANFORGEN 051/16 CMP 030/16 301823Z MAR 16
D. CANFORGEN 080/16 COMD CA 010/16 021800Z MAY 16
AT REF A, IT WAS DIRECTED THAT CANADIAN ARMY (CA) NON-COMMISSIONED MEMBER (NCM) MOSIDS ATTEND BASIC MILITARY QUALIFICATION - LAND (BMQ-L). EFFECTIVE 21 MAY 2021 THIS REQUIREMENT WILL BE REMOVED. AFTER COMPLETING BASIC MILITARY QUALIFICATION (BMQ), ONLY CRMN 00005, GUNNER 00368, AND CBT ENGR 00339, WILL ATTEND BMQ-L BEFORE PROCEEDING ONTO THEIR RESPECTIVE DEVELOPMENT PERIOD (DP) 1 TRAINING.
AT REF D, IT WAS DIRECTED THAT CANADIAN ARMY (CA) NON-COMMISSIONED MEMBER (NCM) MOSIDS ATTEND ARMY JUNIOR LEADERS COURSE (AJLC). EFFECTIVE 21 MAY 2021 THIS REQUIREMENT WILL BE REMOVED. AFTER COMPLETING PRIMARY LEADERSHIP QUALIFICATION (PLQ) MODULE 3 ONLY CRMN 00005, GUNNER 00368, AND CBT ENGR 00339, WILL CONTINUE TO AJLC.
EFFECTIVE 21 MAY 2021 BMQ-L IS NO LONGER A PREREQUISITE FOR ANYONE EXCEPT CRMN 00005, GUNNER 00368, AND CBT ENGR 00339 TO ATTEND DP 2 TRAINING. STUDENTS CURRENTLY ON BMQ-L WILL CONTINUE TRAINING UNTIL THEIR COURSE IS COMPLETE.
EFFECTIVE 21 MAY 2021 ONLY CRMN 00005, GUNNER 00368, AND CBT ENGR 00339 WILL CONTINUE TO AJLC IN ORDER TO ACHIEVE DP2. STUDENTS CURRENTLY ON AJLC WILL CONTINUE TRAINING UNTIL THEIR COURSE IS COMPLETE.
SHOULD A SPECIFIC TRAINING DEFICIT BE IDENTIFIED, CA MANAGED NCM MOSIDS ARE AUTH TO CONSIDER ADJUSTMENTS TO DP1 AND DP2 TRAINING IN COORDINATION WITH THEIR CORPS AND THE ARMY INDIVIDUAL TRAINING AUTHORITY. MENTORSHIP AT THE UNIT LEVEL, PRE-DEPLOYMENT TRAINING, AND THEATER MISSION SPECIFIC TRAINING WILL BE LEVERAGED TO DELIVER SPECIFIC, FOCUSED, AND RELEVANT TRAINING TO APPLICABLE NCMS AT A TIME WHEN THOSE SKILLS ARE NECESSARY FOR AN UPCOMING ASSIGNED TASK. NON CA MANAGED NCM MOSIDS WHO WISH TO CONSIDER ADJUSTMENTS TO THEIR DP1 AND DP 2 TRAINING MUST SOLICIT APPROVAL THROUGH THEIR RESPECTIVE TRAINING AUTHORITY.
FOR THE PURPOSES OF APPOINTMENT TO MCPL AND BEYOND, RETROACTIVE PROMOTIONS FOR THOSE WHO HAVE COMPLETED PLQ MODULES 1 THROUGH 3 WILL NOT BE ENTERTAINED. NCMS, LESS INFTR 00010, CRMN 00005, GUNNER 00368, AND CBT ENGR 00339, WHO HAVE COMPLETED PLQ MODULES 1 THROUGH 3 WILL BE CONSIDERED ELIGIBLE FOR APPOINTMENT TO MCPL IAW ADDITIONAL MOSID TRAINING REQUIREMENTS AND PROMOTION BOARDS AS OF 21 MAY 2021
NLT 1 SEP 2021 THE ARMOURED, ARTILLERY, AND COMBAT ENGINEERS CORPS IN COORDINATION THE ARMY INDIVIDUAL TRAINING AUTHORITY WILL INCORPORATE THE NECESSARY ELEMENTS OF BMQ-L INTO THEIR RESPECTIVE DP 1 TRAINING AND BMQ-L WILL NO LONGER BE A QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENT FOR ANY MOSID.
IAW REF D, COMPLETION OF AJLC WILL REMAIN A MANDATORY PREREQUISITE FOR APPOINTMENT TO MCPL FOR CRMN 00005, GUNNER 00368, AND CBT ENGR 00339 UNTIL ALTERNATE DP 2 LEADERSHIP TRAINING IS DEVELOPED.
INFTR 00010 DP 1 AND DP 2 QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS REMAIN EXTANT.
CA LEAD FOR THIS DIRECTION IS THE ARMY INDIVIDUAL TRAINING AUTHORITY (AITA) POC IS CTC G7

Seems to make sense for Log trades. I never understood why 2 people in the trade needed a different qualification to become a MCpl or MS.

Do we think this is a good idea? Getting rid of the few weeks of "Army" stuff from all the non combat arms?

What a #$%#ing joke. The Army has basically abdicated its responsibility for environmental training to the trade schools, so they can make up random standards. Every Army DEU trade that isn't on this list now needs to rewrite their DP1 and DP2 packages to make up for any knowledge gaps, and we all know how amazing CTC Gagetown is at timely QS and TP reviews...

And, after 25-odd years of tinkering with Junior NCO training, we end up with one leadership course for the infantry, a second course for the other combat arms, and a third course for the supporting arms. Which, of course, is exactly where we started, with ISCC, CLC and JLC.

The circle is complete.

I would be very surprised if the trade schools are going to do environmental training, I can't see for example CFLTC adding field training to the HRA and FSA courses for example. I think that it will be up to the unit to do if the unit wishes them to have that training. So units in a CMBG might want it but an Air Force Wing probably not.

Pretty sure AJLC is a prereq for AVCC. In 5 years how are we going to tactically move all the Sigs LAVs, Maint LAVs, EW LAVs, MP TAPVs and Medic LAVs when all the "old" folks are promoted away from being Crew Commanders?

Know how we fix morale in the CMBGs? Mandate a month-long gun camp every year to teach everything BMQ-L and AJLC should have for the 50% or more of the Bde that's not Inf/Cbt Eng/Gunner/Crewman.

And, after 25-odd years of tinkering with Junior NCO training, we end up with one leadership course for the infantry, a second course for the other combat arms, and a third course for the supporting arms. Which, of course, is exactly where we started, with ISCC, CLC and JLC.

The circle is complete.
You guys really complicate things - much like we did in the olden days.

Making easy tasks difficult and complicated since the first parade....

Back