• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Police Folk Allegedly Behaving Badly

Ask and ye shall receive. Sam Cooper over at the Bureau has this piece about Majcher and his alleged connections to Chinese Triads.

Well, isn’t that a cosy little gathering.

Drug dealers. Hi ranking CCP members. And a former RCMP Officer.

Interesting Venn diagram….
 
I’d need to see an unsealed affidavit to be able to meaningfully opine on this… Wiretaps are hard to get. They also have to name anyone whose communications they expect to intercept, even those who aren’t targets but are captured incidentally. I could see that happening in the context of extended families where multiple members might be targeted and so damn near everyone gets named.

Sounds like this is now pretty dated. An original and three renewals would grant up to eight months of intercepts, and it doesn’t sound like charges have been laid. Also clearly a further extension on delayed notification was either not sought or not granted. So it’s a bit of a “what’s up?”
 
NYPD corruption scandal? I'm shocked ;)


NYC police commissioner resigns amid nightclub probe​

Edward Caban's phone was seized by federal investigators last week.


New York Police Commissioner Edward Caban resigned Thursday amid a federal investigation into the department's nightclub enforcement, according to sources familiar with the matter.

Caban, the city’s first Latino police commissioner, took over the department in July 2023 after being tapped by Mayor Eric Adams, whose administration is the target of multiple federal investigations.

“The news around recent developments has created a distraction for our department, and I am unwilling to let my attention be on anything other than our important work, or the safety of the men and women of the NYPD,” Caban said in an email to members of the NYPD, which was obtained by NBC News.

"I hold immense respect and gratitude for the brave officers who serve this department, and the NYPD deserves someone who can solely focus on protecting and serving New York City, which is why — for the good of this city and this department — I have made the difficult decision to resign as police commissioner," the email added.

Adams, speaking in an address later Thursday, announced that he was appointing Thomas Donlon as the interim police commissioner. Donlon is a national security expert who previously ran the FBI’s National Threat Center and the FBI-NYPD Joint Terrorist Task Force. He was also the New York state director of the Office of Homeland Security.

Caban's phone was seized last week around the same time that FBI agents raided the homes of top Adams administration officials as part of a separate probe. Those whose homes were searched included First Deputy Mayor Sheena Wright and Deputy Mayor for Public Safety Philip Banks III.

Caban's twin brother, James Caban, who owns a nightclub security business, also had his phone seized in the corruption investigation involving the NYPD.

Federal investigators want to know if James Caban profited from his ties to his powerful brother and the NYPD, according to multiple sources. Specifically, the investigation is looking into whether James Caban was paid by bars and clubs in Midtown Manhattan and Queens to act as a police liaison, and if those clubs were then afforded special treatment by local precincts, the sources said.

Lawyers for Edward Caban described him in a statement as an "accomplished public servant who has dedicated his life to the safety and security of the people of this great city."

"We have been informed by the government that he is not a target of any investigation being conducted by the Southern District of New York, and he expects to cooperate fully with the government," said the lawyers, Russell Capone and Rebekah Donaleski.

 
NYPD corruption scandal? I'm shocked ;)


NYC police commissioner resigns amid nightclub probe​

Edward Caban's phone was seized by federal investigators last week.


New York Police Commissioner Edward Caban resigned Thursday amid a federal investigation into the department's nightclub enforcement, according to sources familiar with the matter.

Caban, the city’s first Latino police commissioner, took over the department in July 2023 after being tapped by Mayor Eric Adams, whose administration is the target of multiple federal investigations.

“The news around recent developments has created a distraction for our department, and I am unwilling to let my attention be on anything other than our important work, or the safety of the men and women of the NYPD,” Caban said in an email to members of the NYPD, which was obtained by NBC News.

"I hold immense respect and gratitude for the brave officers who serve this department, and the NYPD deserves someone who can solely focus on protecting and serving New York City, which is why — for the good of this city and this department — I have made the difficult decision to resign as police commissioner," the email added.

Adams, speaking in an address later Thursday, announced that he was appointing Thomas Donlon as the interim police commissioner. Donlon is a national security expert who previously ran the FBI’s National Threat Center and the FBI-NYPD Joint Terrorist Task Force. He was also the New York state director of the Office of Homeland Security.

Caban's phone was seized last week around the same time that FBI agents raided the homes of top Adams administration officials as part of a separate probe. Those whose homes were searched included First Deputy Mayor Sheena Wright and Deputy Mayor for Public Safety Philip Banks III.

Caban's twin brother, James Caban, who owns a nightclub security business, also had his phone seized in the corruption investigation involving the NYPD.

Federal investigators want to know if James Caban profited from his ties to his powerful brother and the NYPD, according to multiple sources. Specifically, the investigation is looking into whether James Caban was paid by bars and clubs in Midtown Manhattan and Queens to act as a police liaison, and if those clubs were then afforded special treatment by local precincts, the sources said.

Lawyers for Edward Caban described him in a statement as an "accomplished public servant who has dedicated his life to the safety and security of the people of this great city."

"We have been informed by the government that he is not a target of any investigation being conducted by the Southern District of New York, and he expects to cooperate fully with the government," said the lawyers, Russell Capone and Rebekah Donaleski.

Jesus. Reading that, I was expecting Huggy Bear to show up.
 
Just going to put it out there: shooting and killing a judge when you're a sheriff: probably not a good idea.


 
Just going to put it out there: shooting and killing a judge when you're a sheriff: probably not a good idea.



Meanwhile, I can hear the banjo music from here... ;)


Kentucky sheriff charged in fatal shooting of judge inside courthouse chambers​


Lead county prosecutor Matt Butler described an outpouring of sympathy as he recused himself and his office from investigations in the shooting, citing social and family ties to Mullins.

"We all know each other here … Anyone from Letcher County would tell you that Judge Mullins and I married sisters and that we have children who are first cousins but act like siblings," Butler said in statement from his office. "For that reason, among others, I have already taken steps to recuse myself and my entire office."

 
Hoo boy...


'Atrocious' comments by RCMP officers alleged in internal probe​

Search warrant obtained by CBC claims officers joked about sexual assault and Tasering Black people

WARNING: This story contains offensive language.

In one private chat group conversation, a Mountie was accused of saying a new female employee "was overweight and insinuating that the shape of her vagina was visible through her clothing."

In another, a second RCMP officer allegedly bragged about "Tasering unarmed Black people" and called a sexual assault investigation "stupid" — drawing comments from other members of the online group who "made fun of the victim" and said, "she's a dumb Mexican c--t."

An investigator with the RCMP's professional standards unit detailed those allegations and many more in a search warrant sworn to obtain evidence now being used to call for the firing of three Coquitlam Mounties for violating the force's code of conduct.

The CBC has obtained a copy of the search warrant — which recounts behaviour which led the officer who sparked the investigation to complain to RCMP brass about what he saw as "atrocious" and "racist and horrible" activity in a private group operating on the Signal messaging app.

The documents reveal that investigators also reviewed 600,000 messages posted to the RCMP's internal mobile data chat logs — finding evidence of "frequently offensive" usage by the three officers facing termination of "homophobic and racist slurs."

"The reviewers had identified a variety of comments that were 'chauvinist in nature, with a strong air of superiority, and include flippant or insulting remarks about clients (including objectifying women), supervisors, colleagues, policy and the RCMP as a whole,'" the warrant says.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/brit...=newsletter_CBC British Columbia_1633_1725717
 
Former cop turned Democratic mayor of NYC to be indicted tomorrow.

Turkey? WTH? I’m looking forward to reading this indictment.

Democrat mayor, major city in a left leaning state, federal DOJ… something something whining lawfare?
 
Quel suprise...



High-ranking Montreal police officer accuses force of racism in resignation letter​



A high-ranking Montreal police officer says racism is a “cancer eating away at the organization” in a resignation letter marking the end of his 30-year career with the force.

Commander Patrice Vilcéus, a Montrealer of Haitian origin, says there are a few managers in the city’s police force who are affecting the mental health of its members and even causing some to leave. In a letter obtained by The Canadian Press and other media outlets, he wrote that he fought “all forms of unjust exclusion and unfair treatment” during his career.

“I’ve been careful not to remain a mere observer of racism, racial profiling and social challenges,” he wrote. “My aim has been to break taboos and introduce more nuanced approaches.”

Vilcéus said the Montreal police need to “overcome the resistance of certain managers who defend the status quo with sterile visions, as they prevent the organization from … modernizing in the face of new realities.” He said the force should embrace more diverse perspectives.

“How can we serve all populations, if some internally are not listened to or respected and are instead discredited?” he wrote.

Asked about the letter in Quebec City on Wednesday, Public Security Minister François Bonnardel said it was “troubling” and that he had no doubt Vilcéus had lived through “difficult situations,” but he didn’t go further. “I have never believed that there’s systemic racism in the police,” he told reporters.


 
(Yet another) piece of shit CPS cop delivered a devastating punishment.


A Calgary police officer has been demoted of seniority in rank for a year after filming and sharing a video of him having sex with a fellow officer without her consent, with other members of the Calgary Police Service (CPS).

 
Back
Top