• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

POLL: Will You Vote for the Liberals.................

Fishbone Jones

Army.ca Relic
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
http://www.citynews.ca/

Will you vote for the Liberals in the upcoming election?

Absolutely
||||||
No Way
|||||||||||||
I'm undecided
|||||
I don't vote
||
Other
|

Edit to update poll results 28/07/07@23:29

I just purged two pages of garbage from this thread.  The two posters in question know who they are and all I will say on this subject is ..knock it off!!

Bruce Monkhouse said:
I just purged two pages of garbage from this thread.   The two posters in question know who they are and all I will say on this subject is ..knock it off!!

I hope this doesn't come under the heading of Garbage ?   ;D

That's easy,  NO and this from a Lifetime Liberal Voter. I must confess, I certainly had a raised  eye brow about Mr Harper at first, but so far he's got my vote the next time around.

Lets face it, for a long time, no body could do worse than the Liberals. Now Mr Dion, God where do we find these people (out of 30 Milion).

Cheers.

I certainly hope what I said earlier wasn't an offending post, so feel free to dump it if so, but I believe this poll is about the pending Ontario provincial election.

So, what's your opinion of Mr. McGuinty, Mr. Tory, and Mr. Hampton?

Is there anyone in the military that would vote for the Trudeauites?  Easier and more honourable to jump off a cliff.  But then again in the last Federal election there were 19 PMQs here displaying Green Party Signs!!!!

Steve_Rogers said:
Who wouldn't vote for the liberals, soldier?!
Poll posted July 27/07;
Last post Dec 12/07.

Sorry, didn't mean to wake you up, and if you're here to troll, you won't be here long. Maybe you can explain your post?

Im finally 18, and unless conservatives do something stupid or liberals stop being war panzies. Im putting my fresh vote for Conservatives.

No, the liberals are train wreck.

fraserdw said:
Is there anyone in the military that would vote for the Trudeauites? 

Here's an interesting article from the National post back in December. 

http://www.nationalpost.com/news/story.html?id=141640

Apparently, according to the article, the senate committee on national defence did a study on defence spending from 1970-2007 and found Trudeau spent more of the nations tax dollars on the military than any government since him, including Mulroney's and Harper's governments.  The current government has made great strides in restoring some military capacity that was decimated under Cretien and Martin.  I did find this article interesting.

Oh, didn't look close enough to see this was an old thread.  Oh, well the article is still interesting....... :blotto:

Interesting article but.... In 1970 the military was getting all of it's "Trudeau" green Unification suits and turning in Army, RCN and RCAF uniforms.  No doubt that is where all the money was going!!!

That may very well be true, doesnt change the facts that it was a Liberal government that has spend the most money on defence.

sgf said:
That may very well be true, doesnt change the facts that it was a Liberal government that has spend the most money on defence.

Not that hard to do, if they were the Party in power for the majority of the past forty years.

Although if we were to seriously crunch some numbers, as to percentages of GDP and the Budget that they committed to Defence, we may find that they have been reaping the "Peace Dividend" since the 1960's and constantly whittled down the budget for DND.

sgf said:

Spending the most money on the military and spending the most on defence are two different things. The liberals spent lots on the military, but it made little difference in equipment and capability.

Concur, I started soldiering in 1980 and the equipment was .... welll....... less than the best.  Anyone remember 64 Pattern web gear?  1954 Trucks?  Grizzelies, cougars and bacon in a can?  Getting your jaw shaken off riding in the back of carrier (M113)?  Living with 2 of your least favorite people in a Lynx for 4 weeks?  The only new thing was the Leopard and they had some many restrictions on em you rarely saw them.  Ohhh and the pay 608 per month before everything else as a Pte., enough for 2 cartons of smokes and 2 good drunks a month once taxes, rations and quarters were taken out!!!  4 per room as the norm!  Making toast for the SNCO Mess at coffee breaks and serving wine in the officer's mess every second Saturday night.  Washing carriers because there simply was nothing else to do!  Love to know where all that Liberal money went!!!

Not a chance.

Yes, Dion has integrity and is a smart man. Dont judge the guy on his poor(but improving) english

I wont vote for him on the issues:

-He's a staunch federalist. and I am not
-He's against Conservative spending on the military, But I am for Conservative Military Spending
-He's against lowering taxes, and I am not

Personally, I would have voted conservative, but Harper betrayed my province on equalization, so i dunno. My intern suppurt is for the Newfoundland and Labrador First Party

Yeah, as said before the military began to fall into disrepair during Trudeaus regime. Percentage of GNP spent on the forces continually went down in the 70's under trudeau.
My dad was in "Mobile Cmmand" then, and he said they had old equipment from the 50's and on exercises they couldnt fire blanks, so they had to run around on exercise yelling "Bang Bang". When Trudea comes up my dad goes on on how he starved the military, and said he was there

The liberals had to start to update the forces in the late 70's-early80's kit wise, so they had to get new tanks, guns, etc etc because the stuff they had was ridicously out of date. They need to mass buy instead of spreading it out over successive governments (as dief and pearson didnt need to replace that much equipment under their reign). Also, the Liberals were in power for like 16/17 years.

Chretien just continued where trudeau left off and simply showed indifference, and to add insult to injury he sent the forces all over the place, and it wasnt till martn that the army starting getting significant funding (allthough not enough)

Greetings to all,

Although I am a prairie lad born and bred in the wheatfields of southern Saskatchewan, I no longer live in Canada anymore, so I will not be voting this year.  If I was to vote, it would NOT be Liberal. Thats written in stone.

Happy days to all,

OWDU

Back