• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

POLL: Will You Vote for the Liberals.................

I will be voting Conservative, more for the man in power already then for the other 3 choices, ( err OK make that the other choice )

I do not vote on party lines.  I like to think of myself as a conservative Liberal at heart, as mentioned earlier I find it amusing that there are those who will always vote for their party even if the leader of that party is not what they really wanted. In other words they are saying " this guy must be OK as he is a (insert your party here) or it beats having ( insert not your party here).  Or there are those out there who vote for one or the other for no other reason then they always have.  Now that is really sad. 

I am not a fan of the Luberals of the moment and have some issues with the Conservatives.  The NDP in their past and present incarnation will always have me look at them with suspicion.  The Green Party, well they need allot more seasoning first.  Having said all this if a situation arose that had a party in power that was so wrong for what I want or have been in power too long and my personal choice was not going to win the local MP game, Then I would vote for the nearest competitor who would likely win. ( again generally between two choices but conceivably more ) Mind you I was not part of that backlash that had the NDP voted in Ontario ( yes I know this is for Federal but I vote the same way for provincial anyway )

So although I tend to vote Conservative allot, I could, would and have voted liberal. NDP has gotten my strategic vote once ( did not put them in power )

I find it interesting that people are mulling around Justin Trudeau even though he is a rookie politician, from what I have been following of his life views and beliefs.  He scares me as much as what I imagine people fear Harper for.

Anyone else find it funny that with our system we vote local MP's more often then not to get the leader of the party in.  Even though I am sure there are candidates who would be better at representing the constituents then whom we voted for

CDN Aviator said:
Liberals are soft on crime ( especialy youth crime) so that certainly explains your vote.

I'm not a criminal, nor do i condone criminalism, I simply trust the Liberal party more because they didn't get scared and call an early election. It's about confidence.

Miss JDro said:
I'm not a criminal, nor do i condone criminalism, I simply trust the Liberal party more because they didn't get scared and call an early election. It's about confidence.
So 33 months of them being in power, and just having an election now, is early in your book?

Oh, wait, I forgot, don't feed the trolls.

Beav

Miss JDro said:

What are you talking about?  The Liberal Government's that I have known have always done one of two things:

1.     Not done anything, hoping that if they ignored a problem, the problem would go away; and

2.     Dealt with problems in a panic, kneejerk fashion creating more of a problem than a solution.

I guess you forgot their Gun Registry and the Gomery Inquiry as well as so many other Liberal fiasco's.

ummm what about the early election the liberals did under Cretian?

Miss JDro said:

For that mater you really don't know Harper at all, being called many things. But scared and calling the election is not one of them.  Actually from all pundits no mater how they like or hate it most admit that calling it now was pretty swift on his part. He has been noted for being a chess player when it comes to politics and a grand master at that.  ( I could be wrong but I believe that quote was from a non Conservative political observer ).

I would also say out of all the candidates with the possible exception of Mr Jack Layton he ooozes confidence.  So if that is your criteria ( confidence ) then have fun voting against your own words.

Miss JDro said:
Here's another Liberal vote right here for the record...

Having been a Liberal supporter for ever, on this occasion and in all good conscience and considering the routes and transgressions the past two Liberal PM's and party have traveled, I have decided to give the other guy a chance.

Lets face it, they/he can't do any worse. Regardless of the number of registered parties, there is only one logical and qualified choice.

If one only out of loyalty or habit would vote for the Liberals, then I seriously question their concern for the welfare of their Country.  If Mr. Harper doesn't deliver or perform, he's seen what the population can do and not let him try for another ten or twelve terms.

On a lighter note, if I were asked to characterise our choices of Party Leaders I'd envision them as,
Mr. Layton as a Fox hoping to get into the Chicken Coup - Mr. Dion as a Weasel trying to get into the Chicken Coup - Mr Harper as a German Shepard trying to figure out how to keep the Fox and Weasel out of the Chicken Coup. That's why I'm voting for Mr. Harper, because we all know what Foxes and Weasels can do to a Chicken Coup.

Miss JDro said:

just for the record are you forgetting all the time Dion was going to call election over this issue or that issue that... only deciding when the polls didn't show he would win, Dion back down.  If its all about confidence why are you trusting the Liberals. 

I have a challenge in my own riding.

I have been a long supporter of the Conservative party since 1996, after I tore up my Liberal Membership card after John Nunziata was expelled by then Prime Minister Chretien, for voting against the budget due to the Liberals breaking the election promise of eliminating the GST.

When I first moved to my riding, I continued to vote Conservative.  However, I have found out since that in my riding I have a very strong, and good Liberal Member.  He has gone to bat for my neighbours and myself on numerous occasions when we have contacted him (It's neat, once again I am living with political minded neighbours, and it is invigorating!).

So what to do.

Continue to ask questions, get in contact with all the candidates and see what their strengths and weknesses are.  First question, who would they appoint as their personal advisor if they win   ;) .

dileas

tess

the 48th regulator said:
I have a challenge in my own riding.

I have been a long supporter of the Conservative party since 1996, after I tore up my Liberal Membership card after John Nunziata was expelled by then Prime Minister Chretien, for voting against the budget due to the Liberals breaking the election promise of eliminating the GST.

When I first moved to my riding, I continued to vote Conservative.  However, I have found out since that in my riding I have a very strong, and good Liberal Member.  He has gone to bat for my neighbours and myself on numerous occasions when we have contacted him (It's neat, once again I am living with political minded neighbours, and it is invigorating!).

So what to do.

Continue to ask questions, get in contact with all the candidates and see what their strengths and weknesses are.  First question, who would they appoint as their personal advisor if they win   ;) .

dileas

tess

Its not really a challenge, no matter who vote for, your MP or MMP will vote the party line if they want to stay in that party.  Your Liberal member might be a nice guy and work for your neighours, but in the end he or she is going to vote Liberal.  Their going to vote for the green shift, increasing your taxes, banning hand guns all the the other things the Liberal Party polices presented by Dion from the opposition chair or from the PMO's office. 

Canada is party based political system, unless you vote someone who is independent and will vote their mind  with each and every vote... your voting the party. 

I will vote Liberal when hell freezes over, and with global warming happening (according to Dion) the Devil ordered some A/C installed yesterday. >:D

Never in a million years, would I ever vote Liberal :gunner:pretty much summons up the feelings I have toward that party. I vote Conseravtive. No real choice, i dont like the NDP anti-defence polices. Cheers Old Naval Guard

Nothing wrong with a little necro now and then. Strangely I've soldiered the entire duration of my voting life and didn't miss it. I know, I know if you don't vote, then don't b****. I've not cast a ballot in that time and have no regrets. It is interesting how wrapped up people get WRT politics and religion. I guess in a nutshell I don't do politics nor religion, they may get me to the ground, but will have nothing to do with putting me in the ground. To that I leave my family and friends.

Back