• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Poor Choices & The Application Process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canucker

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello Gents,

Now before I get into it I would just like to clarify that I am well aware of the search feature; However, I am more interested in the opinions of this forums knowledgeable members towards my specific situation. (Special snowflake syndrome right...)

Anyways, I submitted my application to the CF in September of 2013 and I had been "clean" (Marijuana) for about a year and a half, after not hearing anything back for 5 month I jumped to the conclusion that I had made some sort of mistake during the application process. I decided I would try and re-apply in the future (Aiming for September again); Unfortunately, about 2 weeks ago I made the poor choice of smoking marijuana (Multiple times) and like a chapter out of a bad novel, this week I was contacted by the recruiting office. After a short chat and explanation of what had happened (My application was put on DNC status or something similar, my own fault of course) she informed me I can expect an email and a phone call to confirm a date for my CFAT.

Now, I'm completely torn on what to do in this situation. Joining the Military has been a long time goal of mine and I'm well aware that I should not have done something that could jeopardise me in achieving my goal, but now I feel I'm left with only a few options and I'm just looking for your
opinions.

Should I Contact the recruiting office and withdraw my application until September or longer?
Should I carry on with the recruiting process?
Will withdrawing my application penalize me in anyway?
Will continuing the application process and me being truthful about my marijuana use penalize me in anyway?

Thanks in advance.

Just let nature take its' course.  Get scheduled for and write your CFAT/TSD and then go from there.

And stay away from the dope.........

I can't vouch for the medical examiner's leniency, but I would suggest staying away from the pot and work it out of your system, either for a long time or permanently.

There was a saying, "if you let the police know that you committed murder, you're still going to prison."

Canucker said:
Hello Gents,

Now before I get into it I would just like to clarify that I am well aware of the search feature; However, I am more interested in the opinions of this forums knowledgeable members towards my specific situation. (Special snowflake syndrome right...)

The you by your own admmission are well aware of the multitude of posts about this.  You aren't special, and you get to deal with you poor decisions.

locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back