• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Possibility screwed my self

Goose15 said:
I in no way believe the CAF owes me anything in any way shape or form. I also believe that patience is important. That being said I do not believe keeping tabs on the application or believing that something is taking a long time shows you are full of angst.

Well, the word "patience", are you referring to the waiting time to be 10 years or more?

At this point it's just a giant train wreck as DAA said, I plan to just contact periodically every 2 weeks and hopefully that will show something, I know for my CFAT I just kept contact every 3rd week or so and finally got it scheduled.

BlueShield said:
Well, the word "patience", are you referring to the waiting time to be 10 years or more?

It was a general statement. Being "patient" varies in the type of entry plan. Personally, I was referring to ROTP during which patience only gets you so far since there is a "structured" timeline. So, if you are "too patience" whoosh there goes your shot at merit listing and selection.

To answer you specific question though: no that is not what I meant. I don't know what it used to be like but you need to update your medical and interview (assuming you make it there) at least yearly right now; so no I would say that is a little excessive to be considered "patience" .

PS: The patience I am referring to is for the actual process NOT getting selected.

J_M_J_D said:
At this point it's just a giant train wreck as DAA said, I plan to just contact periodically every 2 weeks and hopefully that will show something, I know for my CFAT I just kept contact every 3rd week or so and finally got it scheduled.

Also note that they stop processing applications as of April 1st...

Emilio said:

That doesn't sound right at all, considering there's tons of people who have applied between September-January who wrote the CFAT/TSD and are waiting for further processing. You think April 1st everyone gets told sorry were closing your application? 

Emilio said:

If only........      :rofl:

Emilio said:

Please refrain from offering up information about Recruiting and their practises, with which you have no formal knowledge or experience. (I.e. You're not a MCC, file manager, or even serving member.) Since you are an applicant, you know how difficult and sometimes frustrating this period of time can be without contributing to the misinformation already flowing.

If you were specifically told this from your own Recruiter/RC, then that's unfortunate. But please at least preface posts such as this with, "I was told...", "I'm not sure if this is correct, perhaps someone can confirm..." etc. and leave room for another to comment who can specifically clarify the information as factual or not.

There are many comments throughout the Recruiting threads indicating that processing for many different trades occurs periodically during the year and that intake fluctuates/changes often at any given time.

KerryBlue said:
That doesn't sound right at all, considering there's tons of people who have applied between September-January who wrote the CFAT/TSD and are waiting for further processing. You think April 1st everyone gets told sorry were closing your application?

Sorry I should have been more clear, my specific recruiting center told me that applications would stop processing as of  April 1st. Also I did apply in March of last year, had the files forwarded to the RC in April and started the process in October.

I apologize if it seemed I was in any way spreading misinformation.

Emilio said:
Sorry I should have been more clear, my specific recruiting center told me that applications would stop processing as of  April 1st. Also I did apply in March of last year, had the files forwarded to the RC in April and started the process in October.

I apologize if it seemed I was in any way spreading misinformation.

Well that's unfortunate for you but last year I applied in May and got contacted on June of last year, I was told by my CFRC that processing happens all year round.

Emilio said:
Sorry I should have been more clear, my specific recruiting center told me that applications would stop processing as of  April 1st.

I'm sorry but that still doesn't make sense. What do they just shut down for the summer, and leave applicants hanging for months. Perhaps what they mean is they stop processing new applications until they finish out the old ones, BUT I'm speculating.

I'll leave it for DAA or someone more experienced to offer a concrete answer.

KerryBlue said:
I'm sorry but that still doesn't make sense. What do they just shut down for the summer, and leave applicants hanging for months. Perhaps what they mean is they stop processing new applications until they finish out the old ones, BUT I'm speculating.

I'll leave it for DAA or someone more experienced to offer a concrete answer.

I agree, it still doesn't make sense.  I can't figure it out.    ???

DAA said:
I'd love to chime in but the little voice in my head tells me other wise but I will do it anyhow.

I will say, your first comment is far too kind.  The ball hasn't been dropped, in fact, it's not even been picked up.  The only answer an applicant gets today is "We'll be in touch."

The system is being fixed and this is the result ----> http://forums.army.ca/forums/threads/114067/post-1296015#msg1296015

So summed up and in pictures, this is what it looks like.

After you apply online and trying to reach your local CFRC ----->    :brickwall:

After contacting your CFRC and trying to get a CFAT/TSD appointment ---->  :deadhorse:

After you write the CFAT/TSD, what comes next  ----->    :alone:

Where is this new fix heading  ----->    :trainwreck:

:2c:

Is the same occurring on the Reserve side of recruiting or is this mainly
Reg Force issue?

I ask because [based on my understanding of the reserves] they have their own recruiters but still use the main CFRCs for parts of the process.

I wonder if the CFRC's are letting applicants know that positions in the CAF are relatively tight right now... due to budget constraints and cutbacks?

MeatheadMick said:
I wonder if the CFRC's are letting applicants know that positions in the CAF are relatively tight right now... due to budget constraints and cutbacks?

Not based on my experience on the recruit side of things. Any information like that I've only encountered in an unofficial capacity (such as your post) on these forums.

MeatheadMick said:

Last I heard there's around 800-900 combat arms spots open for FY 2014-2015. About half of that is Infantry, the other half is divided between Arty, Combat Eng, and Armoured.

Goose15 said:
Is the same occurring on the Reserve side of recruiting or is this mainly
Reg Force issue?

I ask because [based on my understanding of the reserves] they have their own recruiters but still use the main CFRCs for parts of the process.

Reserves are "managed" differently, so they are not subject to this process.

Back