• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Pre-CAP

WATCHDOG-81

Inactive
Reaction score
I just heard today that those that have to complete CAP this Summer have to complete a new "pre-CAP" phase that will run from 2 May - 27 May.  Is anyone out there familiar with what this new requirement is all about or what it will entail?

I am doing CAP from May 30 to Aug. 18 in Gagetown. I was told I have to take a pre CAP leadership coarse which is from the 17-28 May. I am not sure if this is what you were talking about?

I have learned that the "pre-CAP" is a mandatory period running from 2 May - 28 May and will be managed by CFSME, in Gagetown.  This is not an "official" course, nor have any schedules for the candidates been made.  It appears that this pre-CAP is equivalent to a PAT platoon in lieu of EWAT during the same period, albeit, there will be PT involved...to get everyone into shape and build team cohesion.  Although it is interesting that while RMC students will be on CAP, they do not have to attend the pre-CAP.  Granted they should be in shape (as we all should), since they will be dispersed among the different platoons, I fail to see how this pre-CAP will build team cohesion for the CAP platoons.  Additionally, I am interested if anything will be taught or reviewed during the pre-CAP.  I doubt that CTC or the Cmdt of Inf Sch would be impressed if some of the fieldcraft on CAP was attributed to non-standard/authorized instruction by CFSME pers.

Agreed. Camping should only be taught by infanteers. After all, they ARE the only people in the army that go to the field.... ;D

CHIMO,  Kat

I did pre-CAP last summer.  We had a couple of lectures on navigation, battle procedure.  We went out into the field to act as enemy force/GD for the 043 section 2i/c course.  We were introduced to the C9 and C6.  We did PT and webbing/ ruck work-ups.  It was part of PAT tp, but if you have a good organizer you will learn a bit.  The course was developped for the civi-u ROTP students who need a "military lifestyle refresher" to get up to speed with the RMC kids or those that are coming off of SLT. 

Back