• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Preparing for the Three-Block War - Crimey I'm a snake hunter!

CFL said:
As long as the airforce is flying and doing something worth while whether it be close air support or dropping troops off at an LZ they should be happy shouldn't they?

Your kidding right?  Look down South for the furious fights over funding the next gen of Air Superiority fighter.  The AF has a Tier System - at the top is Fighters - at the bottom is anything that has anything directly to do with the Army.

Honestly you have to feel for them - being though of as the MSE Op of the skies is not very glamourous, and probably does not sit as well with the ladies as the Flying Knight...

Before we start blaming the blue guys too much (both wet and dry blue), we should remember that we in the Army have been unhappy with a number of the Transformation changes happening in the Army, too. Everybody will have to suck up some change if we are going to abandon our own pet issues and focus on producing a useful joint force.

Cheers.

KevinB said:
Honestly you have to feel for them - being though of as the MSE Op of the skies is not very glamourous, and probably does not sit as well with the ladies as the Flying Knight...

Yeah, I tell all my troops that the pilots overhead hate their jobs and really wish they were with us digging trenches.

I had a friend once who flew F18's and he complained about the same issues as everyone else in the CF.  At that point you really must know that it could be worse.

Hey my uncle is a retired pilot, I heard a lot of venting from him over stuff that went on (albiet he got out of Fighters and went to SAR).

My comment was based on if you look at the US AirForce some of their recent grumbling have been disgusting - while the US Army and USMC are fighting and dying in Iraq and Afghan they keep arguing for more budget allocating to keep America safe -   ::)
Some of the language they have used to justify the purchase of the F22 is down right insulting and demeaning to the troops who have served in OEF and OIF.  If it where me I'd be out kicking a few of them in the junk.

As far as our Inter Service rivalries go -- I feel for the other elements, we can each argue our own needs and superiorities till we are blue in the face -- We need a joint solution - but a joint solution that involves nothing something like GW1 - okay we are sending some ships, and now aircraft to protect the ships, and now army to protect the planes...

There has to be a Threat oriented approach to determining the best value for our dollar in protectign Canada and projecting our interests abroad.

Seeing as the current threat is not a high intensity one and neither enemy aviation or surface ship amphibious invasion is likely, and we do not have a defence budget to protect against it and project our forces into area where our NCA has decided is vital to the interests of Canadians in a proative manner. then it makes sence to orientate the Navy and Airforce into primary support of the Army on extented missions - coupled with their necessary force protection measures and a capable surviellance ability for our coasts.

KevinB said:
My comment was based on if you look at the US AirForce some of their recent gumbling have been disgusting - while the US Army and USMC are fighting and dying in Iraq and Afghan they keep arguing for more budget allocating to keep America safe -   ::)

I concur - the F-22 budget should be put into getting more boots on the ground.

Back