• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Previous drug use question 2002 - 2018 [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
-When should i applied to be in for around next April

Soonest.  Spin down to the Recruiting Centre.

-I want to joined the infantry i got a lot lot of drive for it but dint know what I'm getting my self into

Ask at the Recruiting Centre.  If you have specific questions about the life of an Infantryman then I am sure if you ask here someone who is currently serving as one will be able to shed light on your question.

-how long does it take for to get an answer from them(I'm patient)

Varries.  Ask the Recruiting Centre

-i used to smoked weed time to time and i did another substance(blow)a few times(4) i didn't do any of it for about 2 month now can i still get in the army i mean pass the medic in April-would like an advice from a medic on this if possible thanks

Be honest withthe Recruiting NCO when they ask about drug use.  This is your best bet.

-for the longest times i wanted to go overseas like Bosnia etc..... will it take extremely long after i am recruited to be send away!

-  Depends.  You will need to be finished all of your basic and basic trades training.  Then it is dependant on when your unit is selected to go, and if you are selected to go with your unit.  Bosnia is almost a thing of the past for the CF as it is ramping down for us.  Look for other theatres to come soon.

Cheers,

MC

1-2 years from last use. I have a feeling your gonna have a bit of a wait man. They say not to apply until you have been clean for at least 6 months.

when i did my drug sheet, they never said anything about being clean for any amount of time, "they said be honest - its ur best bet", like i smoked weed for my like first time 2 months before the test, i know weed aint like a badass thing or anything, am i gonna be waiting too?
I put it on there anyways to be honest, even though it was one time.... if i have to wait long for just that ima gonna be pisssssssssed.

okay guys here's a question  i've read the fourms on drugs and i know for pot they will let it go,
well i was young and i was into allot of lsd and mushrooms and chemicals, i'm now 21 and i havent touched chemicals since i was 17-18 , and i quit pot last year!

i know that the army knows when were young we make mistakes but i curious about if  chemical the  part will get me denied into the force.  I know the army dosent want druggies in the force but when i talked to the recruiter he told right away dont worry about it! just stay off it.

if any one has any experence in this subject PLEASE LET ME KNOW!! :salute:

What chemicals are you talking about? If it's something like PCP, forget a miltary career, they won't touch you.

Inch,

I was under the impression that if you had done LSD, they wouldn't touch you either. This is a few years back though....

The CF has a very strict No Drugs policy. This include use of all normal "hard" drugs, marijuana, and abuse of Rx drugs as well.

This is an except of Can Forces Admin Orders (CFAO) 19-21 which deals with drug abuse....

POLICY

5.     Because of the implications on operational readiness, safety of both
members and the public, security, discipline, reliability, cohesion and
morale, it is CF policy that any unauthorized use or other illegal
involvement with drugs by CF members will not be tolerated. The Canadian
Forces Drug Control Program has been established under QR&O, Chapter 20
as a comprehensive instrument to combat unauthorized use and other illegal
involvement with drugs. The essential elements of the program are
education, detection, treatment and rehabilitation.

PROHIBITION

6.     Within the framework of the Canadian Forces Drug Control Program, the
use of any drug by CF members is prohibited, subject to three specific
exceptions.  QR&O 20.04 states:

"No officer or non-commissioned member shall use any drug unless:

(a)  the member is authorized to use the drug by a qualified medical
         or dental practitioner for the purposes of medical treatment or
         dental care;

(b)  the drug is contained in a non-prescription medication used by
         the member in accordance with the instructions accompanying the
         medication; or

(c)  the member is required to use the drug in the course of military
         duties."

The word "use" is defined in  QR&O 20.01 for the purposes of the
Canadian Forces Drug Control Program. It means, in respect of a drug, "any
act of injecting, swallowing, inhaling, smoking, ingesting or otherwise
absorbing into the human body."

7.     The exceptions to  QR&O 20.04 do not constitute authority for
military authorities to order or permit a member to use a drug where that
use, or possession of the drug, is prohibited by another law.

OTHER CANADIAN LAW OF GENERAL APPLICATION

8.     Both the Narcotic Control Act and the Food and Drugs Act, which are
federal laws that apply to civilians and CF members alike, define narcotics
and certain other drugs and prohibit a large number of activities in
relation to those substances. Contravention of any of these prohibitions is
an offence punishable by imprisonment and other punishments.

9.     Under the Narcotic Control Act, it is an offence to possess, possess
for the purpose of trafficking, export from or import into Canada, traffic
in or cultivate a narcotic. In addition, it is an offence to traffic in a
substance held out or represented to be a narcotic. Recent amendments to
the Act also make it an offence to possess or launder proceeds or property
obtained as a result of trafficking, exporting, importing or cultivating a
narcotic.

10.    Under the Food and Drugs Act, it is an offence to possess for the
purpose of trafficking, to export from or import into Canada or traffic in
a restricted or controlled drug. It is an offence to traffic in a substance
held out or represented to be a restricted or controlled drug and to
possess a restricted drug. It is also an offence to sell a drug described
in Schedule F of the Act. Recent amendments to the Act also make it an
offence to possess or launder proceeds or property obtained as a result of
trafficking in a restricted or controlled drug.

For any Mary Jane users, even if it does become decrimalized, its use is still prohibited under this CFAO and mentioned QR&O for CF members.

Generally, there is an "amnesty" for prior use as long as you understand future use may cost you your military career.

Well, subject to what my colleague Armymedic above me said, I would just apply. Be honest, tell them everything that happened, and let the CF make the decision about your file.

The worst they can say is, "No."

How about Heroin, or crack..will they take you if you have done those drugs? How about booze? What if you Drink a ton a booze on a daily basis?

What kinda topic is this. It should be self explanatory that if you eat a hoarse tranquilizer, for a period of time, your brain starts to dissolve. If your brain dissolves, it ain't coming back.

Hence, the military does not want you running around the world, with a weapon shooting at people, or fixing an airplane that delivers aid, or giving first-aid to wounded colleague...get with it. If you have done LSD, ACID, Shrooms, PCP, Angel dust, Heroin, Crack....and you tell your recruiter that you have abused them, THEY WILL NOT HIRE YOU. If they do, I have no comment on that.

scott1nsh said:
Inch,

I was under the impression that if you had done LSD, they wouldn't touch you either. This is a few years back though....

Yes true, any of that stuff and your file would have a date with the shredder.  
The choice to do drugs in Highschool can lead to dreams being crushed, but hey, adults don't know jack about anything right?  ::)

Cheers

The only adults that know nothing we're once the kids who did that s***...

It has never affected me but the conversation has piqued my curiosity. I'm going to do some searching and see if I can find a policy.

Cheers

<MODERATOR EDIT: Not only is this bad advice, it is advocating an illegal action>

But thats a risk and question you need to ask yourself.

My one question to you is: what possessed you to do some of this hard Drugs. I realise everyone makes mistakes, but as some point you must have realised that it was going to affect your future.

Also think of it this way, would you want someone defending your country and carrying assult rifles if they were all jacked up on crank?

This is extremely poor advice.   I don't think anyone here wants to serve with a liar.   Nor would they want to serve with someone that can have a wonderful flashback anytime, anywhere.   Not only that, but lying during your application process will get you tossed.

There is good reason to not allow someone into the CF if they have used chemicals such as LSD.   Recurrence at any point further along in your life is a real possibility.   When it happens it could cost a great deal of good people their lives.

I believe that providing false information on your application or lying during your interview can get you charged AND tossed. Good for it too, I agree with Casing, I do not think anyone wants to serve with a liar, especially in a job where trust issues come to the forefront all the time.

Just thoughts

Cheers

Offering advice like that will get you banned here, Blackhawk.   We don't need kids lying on their application and saying they read it at Army.ca.

Don't do anything like that again.  Consider yourself warned.

I call for an edit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back