• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Previous drug use question 2002 - 2018 [Merged]

Status
Not open for further replies.
What the **** is STAT??? I heard it around but never found out what it is?

Be honest when filling out the sheet they give u about drug use...be honest to the recruiter when he/she asks the question, and see what happens...you never know.
You‘ll feel better later knowing that u didn't lie.

Hey all i passed my CFAT :) and Im going for my medical test on May 21. Any tips on what I should do or expect and is there 2 medical tests or one?

1 medical exam.

You will be tested for hearing and vision.
You will be urine tested.
You will be given a relatively detailed physical examination by a med tech.
You will be asked to give your medical history, including your prior drug use.

You won‘t be blood tested, or have to to remove your underwear (ie to be checked for hernia‘s etc.)

There‘s not really anything you can do to prepare for a medical examination.
You might want to avoid caffiene, in case they take blood pressure readings, but I don‘t remember if they do.

As GrahamD said, nothing you can really do to prepare yourself. They will take your blood pressure so try to be as relaxed as possible.

Don‘t worry it‘s very easy.

when you get your hearing tested..hold you breath til you hear the sound. I was panting away and I‘m sure I missed a few sounds.

My medical had two parts. The first was answering the questions the medic asked me, doing the vision and hearing tests, and the urine thing. For the second part, I went to a doctors office, and had a basic physical examination.

That hearing test is hard. My earphones kept slipping and the noise it made from rubbing my hair was louder than those stupid beeps. And after a while I didn‘t know if I was imagining the beeps or if they were real.

To add what RJG about the hearing test, its better to close your eyes and clear your mind in the isolation booth. Especially close your eyes. Its easier to concentrate on low volume tones.

The hearing test was hard?...pal your in for some obvious difficulties if you thought a hearing test is difficult

"buck up little soldier"

No, what RJG said is quite possible. If the earphones don‘t fit properly, outside noise leaks in, or the testee is nervous and figity, its possible to miss low volume test tones once they start.

After getting in the booth, take time for setting up (headphones and a comfortable position) for best results and let the staff know once you are ready.

Yup - sometimes the hearing test isn‘t perfect, depending on how it‘s administered - they were going to lower my hearing category as a result of my pre-deployment medical - however, I just re-tested on Friday and ... magically, my hearing is back to normal (hmmm ...)

RJG said: ... earphones kept slipping and the noise it made from rubbing my hair was louder than those stupid beeps
(chuckle) I‘m sooooo tempted to joke about "long-haired hippie freaks" just for fun ... but won‘t.
RJG is correct - the earphone/headset was rubbing against the collar of my uniform (and my skull - I‘m folically challenged) until I adjusted it - fortunately, the medic was patient and waited until I‘d finished fidgeting and gave him the thumbs up.

Find out all the information of past illness and medications (as specific as possible) ie: dates, doses, etc. The hearing test, you could wear earplugs for as much as you can before going to the centre. I don‘t know if it will actually help, but when I go to work, I wear them, and when they come off everything is loud. Good luck.

Close your eyes and open your mouth, the mouth thing actually stretches your eardrums tighter so that you can hear better. An old patrolling tip for night ops, has saved my bacon at least twice that I heard things before others or the staff. The earplugs work but it will be of limited value if you are doing all of your processing in one day, you need them out for the e-cfat the PT and the interview, depending on where your medical fits, you most likely will be out of luck.

Sorry if this topic already exsists...what excatly happens in the medical test. Do you just go there to pee in a cup and than go home?

this has been covered many times in many various threads. Do a search. If you have any further specific questons, please feel free to ask them then...

yeah sorry about that I just saw it:S. But I wear contact lenses. Theysaid not to wear within 24hrs of the test. Should I bring my glasses?

It is that and a few questions about your medical history. There are threads that have asked these questions and if you search around on this site you can see there is a wealth of information for the recruitment process among other things related to the Canadian Army.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back