• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Primary Reserve ED Tech in SW Ontario?

Dguy

Inactive
Reaction score
I have submitted my application for service as an ED Tech. I have two Electrical Licence's and hope to put them to use in the Reserves. What units in SW Ontario utilize ED Tech's ?   8)

Hi, I'm hoping to go ED tech too, I have an appointment with the BPSO mid March then my OT is going in, can't wait!
Good luck, maybe we'll be on the same course  ;D

Jane

I am an ED Tech so any questions just PM me. I love it! Sparks are us!

Reg Force ED-Tech here as well.  Just brand new to the CF; well a year anyway.  I have my 3's and a few years on the streets.  I don't know all the answers but I can try..... ;D

It is great to hear from other Sparkies : )
I've been in for over a year and didn't get away for MOC training for C/Eng in the summer. I love being in a Combat Engineer Regiment  :salute: but it is hard on the pride factor because they won't recognize my Electrical licence's.
So while young kids get promoted to Sapper and Corporal's ( which they have earned ) I'm still a private nobody. I've noticed that advanced MOC for an Cbt Eng is to be an Electrician. So I have advanced MOC training but just not my Sapper's training. So I still have a cornflake on my beret and no stripe or rank of any sort.  :(
I was told by a WO at Vigilante Guardian exercise at Petewawa the Reserves will be looking at the trades soon but have heard nothing since.

Hello Sparkie
You could most likely get that corn flake off your head if you take your next trade course. Do you have a SQ quailfaction? If so get on with it what is the hold up!  Maybe if you focuss your energy towards geeting your trades quilfaction you and your unit would be better off!! :cdn:

Hi Fit to fight, I missed out getting on QL3 training last summer but I'm on the list for next summer. Once I have that I'm hoping they recognize my Electrical License as QL5 advanced MOC. I would lke to get promoted to Corporal the same as the Res MP's do after finishing Police foundations. Any advice ?

Hey Jim
I will be honest with you the chance , that type of trade come to the reserves is unrealistic. Maybe I am wrong and always looking at the downside of things. The best thing for you to do is get your ql-3 and move though the ranks like everyone else. Just keep do'in what are you do'in because people will start to look at you for what you know not what rank you have on your chest. how is everything in Waterloo going? How is your buddy Go ?
WB

Back