• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Prince Harry to serve in Iraq

He'll be the only officer on the front line with an SAS protection detail (I can't see his dad and grandma letting him go with out it)  ;D

Regarding his possible SAS detachment, wouldn't it be safer for him and his regiment if no one knew which regiment he was serving in? This way no specific regiment would be targeted and know one would know if he is actually there or not. If no one knows which regiment he's in then no one would know where he is (such as people knowing he'll be in Basra) at any specific time. This would be dramatically safer for him and his regiment, his family would feel safer, and he doesn't have to be followed by the SAS all the time.

regards, Lobo

Harry is not the heir apparent....
While Charles & the Queen would not be happy to lose him,
in a "line of succession" context, Harry is expendable, the same way as some of his uncles, great uncles, etc went to war...

give em hell harry    :salute:
im right behind you  :cdn:
                                              scoty brandt

I don't see any problems with or without an SAS PSD.  His troops will probably do that for him.  IF he has earned thier respect!
1. How can you tell whos who when they all wearing camo?
2. Unless the bad guys have good INT (which I don't think so) how will they know where HE is at any given time?
:salute: following a grand family tradition!

In Iraq, the insurgency has fantastic intel....
the establishment is peppered with infiltrators representing the various political groups, religious groups AND ethinc groups..... An unfortunate fact will be that this young subbie will do the same thing as all other young subbies do... draw lightning!

geo said:
Harry is not the heir apparent....
While Charles & the Queen would not be happy to lose him,
in a "line of succession" context, Harry is expendable, the same way as some of his uncles, great uncles, etc went to war...

Isn't he still second in line, after his older brother?

Second in line?  Only if he bumps off his father... something generally frowned upon these days...

Back