• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Problems and Bugs

Sorry guys, I fell a bit behind with the fixes here... :)

Grimaldus said:
I didn't try to capture anyone though, I would have if I gained the int from the medal incentive but it didn't work.

I got promoted to rank 45.
Gumbad opened up so I spent CR bringing the insurgency from 100% down to zero.

Gumbad is the 10th location I needed to clean up of insurgency before I was able to get the medal
I was waiting for this medal to open up but when I went into the medals area (after bringing the required insurgency to 0)  it said that I already collected the incentive for the 1000 int.  The only thing is I never spent any milpoints on it nor collected it, it was just automatically collected except I never recieved anything.  Before unlocking Gumbad my collected INT for Alla Dad Tayeb was 72/350 and afterwards it's still at 72/350.

I did some digging and I know what happened here... Originally, the 'Insurgency' medals started at 1 location cleared and the next tier was for 5 locations cleared. That made people too powerful too early, so I changed it to 5 and 10 locations instead. You snuck in under the wire and were able to cash in tier 2 when it was still 5, not 10... So you managed to get a jump start on the rest of us. ;)

2010newbie said:
I noticed on the Training screen that I have Level 2 113% proficiency on a couple items. CADPAT uniform and blanks. Shouldn't this roll-over to Level 3?

It will sort itself out the next time you train on any of that eqpt. I'll look at a fix to update the display when I can. Thanks!

Lumber said:
The medal page says that I have earned the "winning streak" medal (consecutive successful missions level 2), however, I am unable to claim it.

You have to have enough MilPoints to purchase that incentive... right now you're at 99, but that incentive costs 100MP. PuckChaser, that may be your issue as well... if not let me know and I'll dig deeper.

ASmith said:
bit of a bug. I didn't post my first few ranks to my facebook page, and now when I started doing it it started at level 1. IE: earned rank 5 and posted it and it showed up on facebook page as rank 2, just earned rank 6 and it showed up as rank 3 on my facebook page.

Good catch... I think I've just fixed that.

Swingline1984 said:
Bought the weekend warrior incentive with Kandahar locked down and both Nathan Smith and Spin Boldak at 100% and it did nothing.  Did it try to drop Kandahar as my lowest, or was it confused by two areas at full insurgency levels?

Thanks,

It should drop your lowest location that hasn't been locked down by 20 points. I double checked the code and it looked OK, but it clearly didn't work right for you. I just dropped 20 off your lowest, which locks down Camp Nathan Smith... good hunting! ;) When I finally get that incentive I'll double check the logic to ensure it's working and if not I'll fix it.

Thanks all for the reports... keep 'em coming!

Mike Bobbitt said:
You have to have enough MilPoints to purchase that incentive... right now you're at 99, but that incentive costs 100MP. PuckChaser, that may be your issue as well... if not let me know and I'll dig deeper.

It was, all good now. Thanks Mike!

Just bought 2000 mil points to put me over the top of Level 3 Mil Point Benefactor, It shows I got the medal but I did not get the 25 CR bonus and it looks like i got 4000 mil points??????

WrenchBender

I had previously decided (for privacy reasons) to not tie in my facebook account to my Army.ca account.

However, I am now so hopelessly addicted to this game that my common sense has long since departed...

So how do I connect my Army.ca account to my facebook account now? Is it still possible? Or do I have to make a new Army.ca persona and start from scratch?

WrenchBender said:
Just bought 2000 mil points to put me over the top of Level 3 Mil Point Benefactor, It shows I got the medal but I did not get the 25 CR bonus and it looks like i got 4000 mil points??????

WrenchBender

WrenchBender, it looks like your purchase was processed twice by the system. Thanks for being honest... I *mostly* adjusted your balance. ;) I also fixed up your Max CR, so it should be correct now.

FoverF, just PM me with your Facebook name and I can manually link the accounts. There should be an option to link the accounts on the PER screen too... but that won't carry over your current MP balance.

Thanks Mike, love the game keep the tasks coming. I'm totally hooked.

WrenchBender in KAF

Ok, i have a problem to share with the game...

I spent all my CR and time, and patients to accomplish the medal "Sent them packing" by having "Cleared Insurgency In 5 Locations"

I just finished the last location, and it says 5/5 but it won't let me get the medal or the +500 Int!

Baaaah! Can you help?

WrenchBender, glad to hear you're enjoying it!

Jingo said:
Ok, i have a problem to share with the game...

I spent all my CR and time, and patients to accomplish the medal "Sent them packing" by having "Cleared Insurgency In 5 Locations"

I just finished the last location, and it says 5/5 but it won't let me get the medal or the +500 Int!

Baaaah! Can you help?

Hi Jingo... looks like you're in the same boat as Grimaldus:

Mike Bobbitt said:
Originally, the 'Insurgency' medals started at 1 location cleared and the next tier was for 5 locations cleared. That made people too powerful too early, so I changed it to 5 and 10 locations instead. You snuck in under the wire and were able to cash in tier 2 when it was still 5, not 10... So you managed to get a jump start on the rest of us. ;)

In your case, you were able to cash in tier 1 before the change, after clearing one location. Sorry for the confusion! The good news is, you benefited from the extra int and experience early on. :)

Darn it I just wasted a ton of CR to get the 5th place and get 500 more Int....  :'(

Can't waste CR, it just regens. Milpoints on the other hand.... hard to come by.

I just claimed the medal which is supposed to drop the insurgency by 20 points. Didn't do anything - probably because the one I wanted dropped is still at 100% - the other two are completely locked down. Has anyone tried this medal and had it work?

When you cash in the Milpoints Spent incentive, it adds 50% to each item you own. However, if that item is at 51% or higher, it will not add a level and continue adding the remainder of the 50% for the next level, it just gives a value higher than 100%.

PuckChaser said:
When you cash in the Milpoints Spent incentive, it adds 50% to each item you own. However, if that item is at 51% or higher, it will not add a level and continue adding the remainder of the 50% for the next level, it just gives a value higher than 100%.

True. But, I also discovered that the next time you actually spend a point on that item towards increasing it's level ... it will rollover into the next level as it should and to where it should be. IE: You have a level one item that shows as being "120%" with the glitch, you then click the button to use an MP to increase it and get the message "effeciency increased by 1%". Your item will now show, with the rollover of the bar, as "level 2 - 21%".

Thing is, I've got items at level 15, and 15 CR can be better spent on getting a level 1 item up at least 15%.

-Jules- said:
I just claimed the medal which is supposed to drop the insurgency by 20 points. Didn't do anything - probably because the one I wanted dropped is still at 100% - the other two are completely locked down. Has anyone tried this medal and had it work?

Jules,

You're not the first to report that... it's clearly a problem. I'll need to run some tests and see what's going on there... thanks for the report. In the mean time, I've knocked down your insurgency to 80 at one of your locations. Sorry about the hassle!

PuckChaser said:
Thing is, I've got items at level 15, and 15 CR can be better spent on getting a level 1 item up at least 15%.

Good point... I'll try to work on a fix right now as well.

Cheers
Mike

OK, proficiency levels should sort themselves out now...

P.S. Level 15! That's impressive!

Just tested a fix for the medals that drop insurgency rates, and it seems to be working, Please let me know if you still have problems!

Cheers
Mike

I don't know if this is a bug, or I just have really bad luck, or something else, but even though I've upped my attention to detail to 20 (currently 13th highest out of everyone), I haven't found any intelligence in over a week.

I know that I've been doing fewer missions per cycle because I've been doing missions that cost 15-20CR each, but 7 days without any intelligence seems a little extreme, especially for ATD as high as it is.

Or should I just stop complaining and play the game?

A report as to responsivness

For the last few days (7 or so) any clicking of a mission brings up a blank screen with no refresh within a reasonable time 10 min +.  The same occurs when inventory is purchased. The mission is recorded eventually but it certainly affects the playability.

I strongly suspect it may be related to my heretical nature (Macintosh) and will any additional details as required,

Lumber said:
I don't know if this is a bug, or I just have really bad luck, or something else, but even though I've upped my attention to detail to 20 (currently 13th highest out of everyone), I haven't found any intelligence in over a week.

I know that I've been doing fewer missions per cycle because I've been doing missions that cost 15-20CR each, but 7 days without any intelligence seems a little extreme, especially for ATD as high as it is.

Or should I just stop complaining and play the game?

Lumber, as it was, the odd of finding Int were 50:1,000, or 5% of the time. Each point you spent on ATD added a point to the 50. So an ATD of 20 would give you odds of 70:1,000, or a 7% chance of finding Int. (Plus, you'd find between 1 and 20 int each time.)

Seeing that there is a lot of int required for the higher targets, I've doubled the effect of ATD... so your odds are now 90:1,000 or 9% chance. You should start seeing some more int drops from here on out.

AJFitzpatrick, it may be in part the time of day you're playing. I had some pretty "heavy" jobs running too early, so for the west coast, it would still be early evening. I've adjusted things to run later in the night now, so hopefully that will help.

Cheers
Mike

Back