• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Problems and Bugs

I'm at FOB Sperwan Ghar.
I unlocked the mission "Repel a concerted attack on the FOB".

It requires the C6 GPMG, 100*7.62 ball (linked) and M67 frag 'nade.
My proficiency level on the C6 = level 5
                                7.62 ball = level 4
                                      M67 = level .
The prob. of success is 49%.
Why is that? Most of my missions are in the 95% success and some of them with equipment that I have at level 1.
Yet here I have level 5 almost across the board and yet my prob of success is low.

What is the formula for deciding how much to subtract from the AoR bars? I did the first location lockdown and I was getting improvements of one or two almost the whole time.

Did the requirements for Equipment Proficiency medal change? I just spent 3 days trying to get to Level 5 on 50 items to get the +8% experience, but once I got there it says I've already gotten that incentive.

crooks.a said:
What is the formula for deciding how much to subtract from the AoR bars? I did the first location lockdown and I was getting improvements of one or two almost the whole time.

That's just how it works. I just spent all my 365 MPs getting one down (I'm at -11 per click level now) and it only got me down to 20%. I'm sure by the time I get home tonight ... it'll have increased it enough so that even the points I am able to generate over the day while I am at work still won't kill the damn thing.  :'(

ArmyVern said:
That's just how it works. I just spent all my 365 MPs getting one down (I'm at -11 per click level now) and it only got me down to 20%. I'm sure by the time I get home tonight ... it'll have increased it enough so that even the points I am able to generate over the day while I am at work still won't kill the damn thing.  :'(

Trick is to get your EXP up enough so that one little mission and you'll level up.  Wait till your CR fills up then start wacking at the insurgency, when your close to running out of CR but have enough for that small mission, do the mission, level up and your CR will fill back up. Then get back to wacking the insurgency.

Grimaldus said:
Trick is to get your EXP up enough so that one little mission and you'll level up.  Wait till your CR fills up then start wacking at the insurgency, when your close to running out of CR but have enough for that small mission, do the mission, level up and your CR will fill back up. Then get back to wacking the insurgency.

Finally got it whacked today. Had to sneak back from work once to whack it before it built too much!! (Kidding). Just collected my 1000 int bonus. But, I'll save that trick for next time!! Thanks.  :)

ArmyVern said:
Finally got it whacked today. Had to sneak back from work once to whack it before it built too much!! (Kidding). Just collected my 1000 int bonus. But, I'll save that trick for next time!! Thanks.  :)
Welcome!

I'm going to wait until I have 5 areas under insurgent control then go on a shooting spree.  Once I get them under control I'll have 15 areas locked down, I'll earn my medal (If I have enough milpoints by then lol) then I'll go after all the HVT at once with my +2500 int.
Yup I'm gonna beat the game in one foul sweep!

Hi,

I just purchased 2,200 milpoints through the afghan ops game, and was directed to army.ca afterwards. I thought it might require me to link my accounts (which I hadn't gotten around to yet), but now I can't find any way to do that. So, no linked account and no sign of milpoints. I can pm a game administrator my afghan ops account name and/or the paypal invoice if required.

PuckChaser said:
Still shows the time vice 63 initiative on my PER....

Hi PC, sorry I missed this, the incentive has timed out... can you explain what you were seeing? It should have showed all the incentives stacked up, with a single timer (E.G. 63 09:23 or something similar). Is that what you saw?

bdave said:
I'm at FOB Sperwan Ghar.
I unlocked the mission "Repel a concerted attack on the FOB".

It requires the C6 GPMG, 100*7.62 ball (linked) and M67 frag 'nade.
My proficiency level on the C6 = level 5
                                7.62 ball = level 4
                                      M67 = level .
The prob. of success is 49%.
Why is that? Most of my missions are in the 95% success and some of them with equipment that I have at level 1.
Yet here I have level 5 almost across the board and yet my prob of success is low.

BDace, each mission has a set difficulty that affects the overall success rating. As this is a [/i]concerted[/i]  attack, it's hard. ;) The good news is that the CE return is also higher for harder missions, so if you can raise the chances of success by other means, it will pay off well. Some of the missions later on get really hard, which is where spending points on SA may come in handy.

crooks.a said:

It's a random selection from 1-4% each time. Sometimes you're lucky, sometimes you're not. I've had 1 in a row several times and it sucks.

PuckChaser said:
Did the requirements for Equipment Proficiency medal change? I just spent 3 days trying to get to Level 5 on 50 items to get the +8% experience, but once I got there it says I've already gotten that incentive.

Yep, that's what happened here alright... It used to be level 5 on 20 pieces, but adjusted it to 50. I dug through your log messages and it says you picked up that incentive on Mon, 06 Sep 2010 22:35:25 GMT, before the change. So it's good news, bad news. Bad news: you didn't get the +8%. Good news: you already did.

I promise the adjustments will end. :)

Exarch said:
Hi,

I just purchased 2,200 milpoints through the afghan ops game, and was directed to army.ca afterwards. I thought it might require me to link my accounts (which I hadn't gotten around to yet), but now I can't find any way to do that. So, no linked account and no sign of milpoints. I can pm a game administrator my afghan ops account name and/or the paypal invoice if required.

Hi Exarch, sorry about that, there was a glitch in the system. I added the points to your account this morning, plus a few more to cover for the pain and suffering. ;)

Let me know if you want to link your accounts, I can assist with that.

Cheers
Mike

Mike Bobbitt said:
Yep, that's what happened here alright... It used to be level 5 on 20 pieces, but adjusted it to 50. I dug through your log messages and it says you picked up that incentive on Mon, 06 Sep 2010 22:35:25 GMT, before the change. So it's good news, bad news. Bad news: you didn't get the +8%. Good news: you already did.

I promise the adjustments will end. :)

I should also mention... last night I made a change so that medals you've already earned - even if you no longer meet the criteria for them - will show as earned.

That way you won't see a medal, grind away to get it and then find out you already have it. Hopefully that'll also help avoid this situation.

Mike Bobbitt said:
Hi PC, sorry I missed this, the incentive has timed out... can you explain what you were seeing? It should have showed all the incentives stacked up, with a single timer (E.G. 63 09:23 or something similar). Is that what you saw?

Yeah, it was just showing a timer of 1:03 or something like that. No Initiative value.

I don't know if this is a bug or just something that I don't understand...
I mainly use my merit points to fill up CR, but occasionally I use them for initiative to speed up the CR regen. As the news section says, "2010-09-25 17:55 Each initiative point now knocks down the CR refill timer by 2 minutes (was 1 minute)." This has never happened for me. It just knocks it down by one second. Does this happen later and I'm just missing it? Or is this a bug?

Edit: Duh. Never mind, I just noticed that there's been a thread added about this. I just went right to this thread to read about it, didn't notice the other one.

Mike Bobbitt said:
Hi Exarch, sorry about that, there was a glitch in the system. I added the points to your account this morning, plus a few more to cover for the pain and suffering. ;)

Let me know if you want to link your accounts, I can assist with that.

I would appreciate that; thanks for fixing my balance.  :)

I just failed 5 missions in a row and they all had a success probability of over 94 percent.
WTF???  :fifty:

bdave said:
I just failed 5 missions in a row and they all had a success probability of over 94 percent.
WTF???  :fifty:

Have you reduced the insurgency levels in that AOR already??

It seems that, when I click the link for the mission, it does it twice. I only click once, wouldn't the mission only be done once?

crooks.a said:
It seems that, when I click the link for the mission, it does it twice. I only click once, wouldn't the mission only be done once?

Which mission?

Back