• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Promotion Message.

Tharris

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello,

I hope this is the appropriate section for the following question.  Performed a quick search and didn't find anything too close. 

Anyhow, I am a DEO who recently completed BMOQ/NETPO and was wondering roughly how long it took for the promotion to go through.  I submitted a request, but apparently Reserve Units can no longer promote on their own accord and a message from NAVRES is required.  Does anyone have an idea how long such messages take to produce?  I ask as my parents would really like to see my promotion but health issues and travel pose a problem.  Any thoughts or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Kind Regards,

T.

You need to check with your Training Officer or AdminO - whoever your full-time (or RegF) staff officer is at your NRD.  The message itself is boilerplate, so providing you have met all the pre-reqs, it should take no time at all - I have had them released in a day in the past.  Of course, this is the end of the summer leave period.  Most of the N11 shop are on leave at the moment - you are on the BTL, so it is a different person, but he/she might also be on leave.  Regardless, someone higher in the chain can release the message, but your TrgO/AdminO needs to call HQ and get that done, or at least get a SITREP.

Did any of the DEOs on your BMOQ get promoted on completion of the course?  This has been the practice in past years - frantic calls from VENTURE to the NRD to HQ in the final week to ensure all pre-reqs were met and a message released so CO of VENTURE could do the promotions.

My Trg-O has done an admirable job trying to get a hold of my career manager, and apparently all the 'tics are in the box',  but still nothing yet.  I suppose it could be a leave issue.  Hopefully someone higher up on the chain can get that done if it is the case.

None of the DEOs were promoted on grad parade as it is evidently no longer VENTURE policy - from what I heard it has much to do with the frantic calls etc...they just let the unit do it for themselves (once the promotion is approved by the career manager/a message is produced). 

Thanks so much for the Assistance and fingers crossed.

As for when you phisically get that new rank put on your shoulder, once the message is received by your unit, it can be done whenever.  Just make sure your CoC knows that you'd like to have some family there and you can both work out a date.

Is BMOQ/NETPO something like BOTC?  Is this your initial basic training course?  Are they not supposed to issue commissioning scrolls at the grad parade? 

While I am most definitely not a Navy expert, unless this was your MOSID qualification course, your career manager most likely doesn't know you exist.  It would be your file manager (some Lt(N) somewhere) that is handling your career until you are ready to join the operational community.

Back