• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Prospect of Combat Arms Trade Opening up quite grim, which trade would you join?

If you cant get into Combat Arms Trade, which trade would you apply for?

• Aerospace Control Operator

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Signal Operator

Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Electronic-Optronic Technician

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Land Communications and Information Systems Technician

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • Wait as long as it takes to get Infantry or other Combat Arms

Votes: 14 48.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Fatalize said:
I'd say wait for the trade that you are truly interested in, complete the training then worry about it from there.  Just my  :2c:

Best advice here.

SpenceL19 said:
NZ, you mind more clearly defining available? Available as in; you can do your CFAT, medical etc. prior to April? Because my #1 choice is currently Sig Op, and the guys at my CFRC swear up and down that nothing is going to happen with my file until April 1 at least.

Yeah, no problem man. I was told something similiar to you (no process till 1 April), and that I had some time to get my documentation together though If I was super-duper smart I would get the application package complete, toot-sweet. He had a list, with MOC's listed. Some were highlighted in red, some yellow. I got to pick from the yellow ones :D, LOL. He called it his "secret squirrel" list....Then he told me to quit smoking. Looks like I'll be getting my bike out, that really helped the last time cause it's hard to smoke when the nearest smokes are a ten mile ride in the opposite direction...

Hope that cleared things up for you, and good luck with your application :salute:

[Post deleted]

Please understand that not every post you read online about JTF2 is true; no, really --  many are RTFO and the posters have no clue. Who knew?

Edit: It's been suggested that I care about BS-poster's feelings  ::) 

S_Wollen88 said:
Can one still apply to the reserves in a C.A trades, or is it full there as well?

Some free, friendly advice from another n00b:

Dont ask qustions unless you've already checked it out yourself. THEN, and only then, if you still have not found an answer, by all means do so.
Why not go talk to a recruiter? I assure you, all pertinent information will be revealed! I've noticed that the long timers have this twitch about people asking questions before excercising la google muscle.

PS- good luck to ya, and have a gooder

Yup, that seems to be the case. At any rate, I'm glad to know at least one of my choices will free up in April. A couple months isn't that long to wait, especially when you can use that time to explore backup options, ask questions, and stay/get in shape etc.

Back