• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Put Leopards in Afghanistan stuff HERE

hammond

Inactive
Reaction score
Hey Guys, Ive done a search and can't seem to find anything concerning this topic, except the old 25 page thread which dealt with sending the heavy armour over. I don't know if any of you have seen these, or if they are within the matter of OPSEC, but I thought everyone would interested in these Images. If these are classified as OPSEC, please remove them immediately, and I am truely sorry. Enjoy! And I want to send my Personal Thanks to all members of the Canadian Forces past and present, at home and abroad. Thank you for everything!

leopard.jpg

AR2006-P017-0012.jpg

AR2006-P017-0022.jpg

AR2006-P017-0017.jpg

leopard2.jpg

first2.jpg

AR2006-P017-0010.jpg

I dont want to take any credit for finding them, as a friend of mine sent them to me. Thanks again. :cdn:

As Snoop Dogg would say, "Thats the Shiz-Niz" ;D
Bloody awesome, give em hell Strats!

I wonder why that photo was edited?

It isnt here... http://www.strathconas.ca/images/bsqn/first.jpg
first.jpg

Cool! I didnt know they were from Combat Camera. Like I said I received them from my friend in B.C. as a zipped file, as he was in the forces prior I thought he might have recieved them from one of his friends still serving. I edited just in case. Rather be safe then sorry  ;D Thanks for clearing that up!

I would have loved to see pictures on how it was chained down. THat stuff excites me more than just a tank on a tarmac by a huge plane.

Looking good! I'm wondering if they'll be remaining in green or will the crews tone them down with camo paint....or will they just let them get "naturally" camo'd with dust and road dirt?
Cheers
Gene

thumbsup.gif
Go get 'em, boys..

Fire an RPG at that, Talidinks...

Pick on the little LAVs and you have to deal with thier big brothers.
c9a1.gif

So nice to see these beasts in theater.
Wish I were there.

That is just awesome to see. I went back to the Leopard Lab here in Borden and told everyone to look at these pictures. Smiles all around.

Those are the only pictures I was able to find on the combat camera site of the Leos in/on the way to the sandbox. Either they are busy getting their act together or the army is keeping them on a low profile until they show up in a middle of a firefight. To bad they didn't have the group on the ground and ready to go 2 months ago, I suspect that most of the fighting will be dying down for the winter, on the plus side it gives our guys time to work out the kinks in combinded operations for next spring.

What a beautiful sight.

The kings have arrived, now kneel and face the ditch.  ;D

Interesting to see the Leopard C2 which came off the plane has the armour upgrades installed. Of course, adding on the armour makes perfect sense in the Afghanistan theatre. The Leopards were originally designed with the idea of trading armour protection for speed, which the Germans felt would have been more useful in dealing with hordes of Russian tanks coming over the border.

With some canister rounds, HESH and the extra armour, the Leopards will help make our troops an even more formidable foe to contend with. Gotta love it. I would imagine the tanks will get a paint job that will help them blend in with the surroundings a little better.

Patrick H. said:
The kings have arrived, now kneel and face the ditch.  ;D

ah, I dunno about that
I thought it was: the Infantry are the queen of the battlefield, and the Artillery is the king, because the king puts the balls where the queen wants 'em.

But just the same it is good to see that the "Cat" has come back

I believe the quote I was remembering went "Armour is the king of the battlefield but Artillery is the god of war"

Petard said:
ah, I dunno about that
I thought it was: the Infantry are the queen of the battlefield, and the Artillery is the king, because the king puts the balls where the queen wants 'em.

But just the same it is good to see that the "Cat" has come back

You're right.   :-[  Armour is the "Chastity Belt" that keeps the Queen from getting raped.

Will you look at the size of the shiny new couplers used to secure em in the C17s.....

Petard said:
ah, I dunno about that
:rofl:
Now THAT is funny!

BOOM, HERE COMES THE BOOM!!

;D

That song was the first thing that popped into my head seeing the big cats in theatre.

Back