• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

QC militias/paramilitary groups (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There has been a thread on the french side of this forum for a little while.
The "major" who leads this mob has a criminal record and has been charging his volunteers 100$ or so to be members of his club.
Are they harmless ? - at this time, yes
Is there a potential for this to go south ?  there's always a chance, but I'm still living in Quebec and have no immediate plans to pack up

The following provision of the Criminal Code comes to mind:

70. (1) The Governor in Council may, by proclamation, make orders

(a) to prohibit assemblies, without lawful authority, of persons for the purpose

(i) of training or drilling themselves,

(ii) of being trained or drilled to the use of arms, or

(iii) of practising military exercises; or

(b) to prohibit persons when assembled for any purpose from training or drilling themselves or from being trained or drilled.

General or special order

(2) An order that is made under subsection (1) may be general or may be made applicable to particular places, districts or assemblies to be specified in the order.
Punishment

(3) Every one who contravenes an order made under this section is guilty of an indictable offence and liable to imprisonment for a term not exceeding five years.
R.S., 1985, c. C-46, s. 70; 1992, c. 1, s. 60(F).

These guys may be a joke at present; but they are an insult to the memory of soldiers like Gaetan Roberge. I'll bet our brothers in the Vandoo's would be interested in meeting this clowns.

SB

Their website has a link to airsoft and replica gear suppliers, what more do you need to know about these clowns?

19525855_400x400.jpg

rw4th said:
Their website has a link to airsoft and replica gear suppliers, what more do you need to know about these clowns?

WRT the two links they have up on their site.

Mate Marstar here is NOT an Airsoft supplier http://www.marstar.ca/index.shtm - They sell the real deal.

Also for OPSGEAR here http://www.opsgear.com/,  although one of their very, VERY small lines is Airsoft/Paintball, the majority of their products are 'brand name' genuine, not some Chinese cheap REPLICA facimilie (shy of some WWII repro clothing) gear as you tend suggest and downplay. Simply navigate their sections on body armour and helmets, along with their optics and accessories. Nothing 'replica' about it.

I would NOT be writing this 'militia' off as a bunch of Airsofters for a second.  Clowns, yes of course  ;D , but clowns with guns.

OWDU

Overwatch Downunder said:
WRT the two links they have up on their site

I would NOT be writing this 'militia' off as a bunch of Airsofters for a second.  Clowns, yes of course  ;D , but clowns with guns.

OWDU

Very true indeed ! and why do I get flashes of a funny little man somewhere in Munich who people laughed at and ridiculed.

Cheers

Overwatch Downunder said:
Also for OPSGEAR here http://www.opsgear.com/,  although one of their very, VERY small lines is Airsoft/Paintball, the majority of their products are 'brand name' genuine, not some Chinese cheap REPLICA facimilie (shy of some WWII repro clothing) gear as you tend suggest and downplay. Simply navigate their sections on body armour and helmets, along with their optics and accessories. Nothing 'replica' about it.

They sell Blackhawk, 5.11, and few other brands who will let anybody be a distributor. Go under the "vest", "Modular Gear" and a few other sections and you'll find Condor and other cheap knock-off stuff. Also, judging from their site Paintball, Airsoft, and upgrades for said products look to be more then a "minor" part of their business. It's my opinion that Ops Gear is targeting hobbyist as their clientele and not professionals and the fact that these "Quebec Militia" douchebags feel comfortable linking to them as suppliers says something about their background.

They might not be an airsoft or paintball team, but I'd be confident saying that these guys are quite familiar with those hobbies.

FastEddy said:
and why do I get flashes of a funny little man somewhere in Munich who people laughed at and ridiculed.

A little over dramatic dont you think ? These guys are a bunch of wanna-bes, led by a recognized criminal and nothing more than a bad joke. The so called organization is more about taking money from idiots who think they support some kind of cause than anything that needs to be worried about.

This group would no doubt be arrested when they try to conduct their first "Aid To The Civil Power" operation. They might get away with slapping a band aid on someone who got a boo boo though. They don't seem too dangerous yet but it only takes one of their "division" leaders to watch too many war movies and getting silly ideas. I would wager the central command and control element (the guy who takes your hundred bucks) has no real supervision of the "divisions". He is probably sitting in his chateau sucking back coolies and counting up the cash.

I don't know why the Police is waiting to throw them in jail tho... They could be arrested for "gangsterism"...

CDN Aviator said:
A little over dramatic dont you think ? These guys are a bunch of wanna-bes, led by a recognized criminal and nothing more than a bad joke. The so called organization is more about taking money from idiots who think they support some kind of cause than anything that needs to be worried about.

Maybe so, but that's also what the scoffers said then to, but I guess you're the expert, so we won't worry.

This thing has just started to spiral really fast. Personal attacks and all.

Tic, toc........

Milnet.ca Staff

kkwd said:
I would wager the central command and control element (the guy who takes your hundred bucks) has no real supervision of the "divisions". He is probably sitting in his chateau sucking back coolies and counting up the cash.
200 members at $100 a pop: $20 000... plus he sells kit and rents paintball stuff... nice sideline !!

"Vive le Québec...Vive le Québec Libre" - Général de Gaulle,  July 24  1967.

The Milice are equipped and trained by former Canadian forces :
- NVG
- Rucksack
- Smallpack
- Combat Radio
- Body Armour
- tactical vest
- Ballistic eyewear
- LAR
- Boots
- Parka
- Helmet
- Combat hat
- Flashlight
- Knife (bayonet)
- Ration Pack
- Map
- Compass
- Ect...

The only difference between Canadian Forces and the Milice they don't have vehicle or real weapon.

FMR said:

- NVG
- Rucksack
- Smallpack
- Combat Radio
- Body Armour
- tactical vest
- Ballistic eyewear
- LAR
- Boots
- Parka
- Helmet
- Combat hat
- Flashlight
- Knife (bayonet)
- Ration Pack
- Map
- Compass
- Ect...

The only difference between Canadian Forces and the Milice they don't have vehicle or real weapon.

Please ::). I just spewed coffee on the keyboard. That's hilarious.

FMR said:

- NVG
- Rucksack
- Smallpack
- Combat Radio
- Body Armour
- tactical vest
- Ballistic eyewear
- LAR
- Boots
- Parka
- Helmet
- Combat hat
- Flashlight
- Knife (bayonet)
- Ration Pack
- Map
- Compass
- Ect...

Wow, no wonder you know so much about FWSAR and fighter aircraft.

Maybe you should join these guys instead of the CF

http://www.quebecairforce.com/

They don't have pants on their kit list. I guess they blew their budget on Freddy Chef and surplus Russian night vision gear.

ROFL they are exactly like us... Except for the Code of Service Discipline, NDA, QR&O's... Except for the professionalism, the expereince, and the training standards. Yep, exactly like us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back