• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Queen's Own Rifles 3rd Bn in 1 Division France 1915 ; more relatives of

jackdolly

Inactive
Reaction score
:cdn: Any more relatives of those who died in France,of Queen's Own Rifles Bn,1915,
where my grt. uncle Frank Dolhenty,Private #19268,killed in action June 16,1915?

My great-great uncle was killed that same day, but he was from the Lincolnshire Regiment, British Expeditionary Force.  He was killed at Festubert Orchard, in the battle of Ypres.  I believe the QOR were at Ypres at that time as well?

Hunter said:
My great-great uncle was killed that same day, but he was from the Lincolnshire Regiment, British Expeditionary Force.   He was killed at Festubert Orchard, in the battle of Ypres.   I believe the QOR were at Ypres at that time as well?

There were three official battles at Ypres, the First Battle of Ypres in Nov 1914, the Second Battle of Ypres in April 1915 and the Third Battle of Ypres in September 1917, or thereabouts.  Canadians were only in the last two.  The QOR had contributed men to several battalions in France and I believe more than one CEF battalion wore their cap badge.

Back