• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Question and in need of advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mattd

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I had an account here maybe about a year and just under a half ago. I had applied for the CF reserve. During the winter i had a run in with a patch of ice that pretty much kicked my ***. What happened was i was walking along the sidewalk and under some light snow fall was a large patch of ice. I lost my balance of course and fell; the problem is i put a minor tear in my Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL).

As one can picture i wasn't able to do much based on the type of injury and had to stop all heavy physical activities until fully healed (well as close too 100% as possible). So i had to cut out running baseball etc; now my knee from what my doctor tells me is back in almost perfect form. I can once again run with no problems and play all sorts of sports and take blows too the knee. The only problem i have with it now is that the cartilage on my medial side has healed abit rougher then what it should be and it gives me the odd pain after about 10 hours straight on my feet.

Now i know the CF will demand more then 10 hours on my feet and i have no problem with that; the question that is troubling me to which a recruiter could not really answer is as follows. When i get the pain i have a rehab exercise that i have to do. It literally takes all of 30 seconds to 1 minute. The great medical rehab exercise is me sitting and moving my leg in a flexed position in a circle for 30 seconds too 1 minute and pain is gone. Would this be "okay" For me too do?

And if you were my and still had thoughts about joining the CF would you still attempt to join?

Thanks in advance for all replies,

Matt

Mattd said:
Hello everyone,

I had an account here maybe about a year and just under a half ago. I had applied for the CF reserve. During the winter i had a run in with a patch of ice that pretty much kicked my ***. What happened was i was walking along the sidewalk and under some light snow fall was a large patch of ice. I lost my balance of course and fell; the problem is i put a minor tear in my Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL).

As one can picture i wasn't able to do much based on the type of injury and had to stop all heavy physical activities until fully healed (well as close too 100% as possible). So i had to cut out running baseball etc; now my knee from what my doctor tells me is back in almost perfect form. I can once again run with no problems and play all sorts of sports and take blows too the knee. The only problem i have with it now is that the cartilage on my medial side has healed abit rougher then what it should be and it gives me the odd pain after about 10 hours straight on my feet.

Now i know the CF will demand more then 10 hours on my feet and i have no problem with that; the question that is troubling me to which a recruiter could not really answer is as follows. When i get the pain i have a rehab exercise that i have to do. It literally takes all of 30 seconds to 1 minute. The great medical rehab exercise is me sitting and moving my leg in a flexed position in a circle for 30 seconds too 1 minute and pain is gone. Would this be "okay" For me too do?

And if you were my and still had thoughts about joining the CF would you still attempt to join?

Thanks in advance for all replies,

Matt

Why don't you get accepted before you start asking about 'rehab' breaks as I am sure that your chain of command will advise you appropriately.

well not to sound smart or anything but i would rather not want to find myself in the position of being accepted and then not being able to do a small minor exercise if needed and then not being able to walk. So i was wondering from the experiences of people on this board if it would be considered okay after explaining the situation to my COC. I would rather have 10 people tell me they would see no problem with it then actually get there and then it not be accepted.

"excuse me SGT...can we stop this attack for a minute...i need to do this rehab exercise !!!"

::)

cdnaviator said:
"excuse me SGT...can we stop this attack for a minute...i need to do this rehab exercise !!!"

::)

Well that was an ignorant post if i ever saw one. However, i see i have to further add detail to my above i would only ask when the situation would permit like on a march or something. "Excuse me SGT can i have a moment to do the exercise of pain in my knee", "we are stopping in 20 minutes do it then", "Thank you SGT."

So i will rephase the question "would having to do an exercise from time to time for rehab affect my chances of getting into the CF" the recruiter that i had already spoken too said that he was not sure, so i looked to other resources which was here

Mattd said:
......... I would rather have 10 people tell me they would see no problem with it then actually get there and then it not be accepted.

???  As if ten of us telling you that we saw no problem with it would help you much if you actually went down there and told that you will not be accepted.  You will have to go down and find that out.  We aren't going to make any difference, one way or another.

really need to spell it out. If ten people said they have seen people come back from worse or have had something happen to them personally and are in the forces is what im looking for. Sure i have read on the forums about people with bad knees however im just adding the part if its really bothering me on a march in your military opinions do you think i would be allowed to do what i need to do to take the pain away were permitted.

My friend who is a Cpl said he wouldnt see a problem with it as he knows people that need to stop and take pills for some sort of medical problem they have every 3 hours and rest for 10 minutes after taking them. However him being a Cpl and the recruiter not giving me an answer other then its up to ottawa. I assumed i could get more insight here from the different ranks. Once again assumptions are the mother of all **** ups

Thanks anyways.

Well.......If you were told that OTTAWA is going to make the decision then that is what you have to wait and see.

Who cares what your friend says.  No one on this site can tell you anything positive and absolute either.  That is for the folks reviewing your case in Ottawa.

As you have gone as far as you can in this......

Topic Locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back