• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Question for EME Officers

Valken

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I have question that I was curious if anybody can answer for me!

Currently I am Signaller in the Primary Reserve as I attend College. My program is Instrumentation and Engineering Technology, and I will be completed this coming April. I am considering transferring to the regular force when I have completed my program, and am strongly interested in becoming an officer (currently a corporal); more particularly an EME officer.

However, I'm not sure if a diploma is sufficient (my program is 3 years long), but I know a lot of what is covered in my program would be useful for the trade itself and has a lot in common with the electrical discipline. So if anybody could tell me if I would be eligible or I would need a degree, that'd be great!

The Regular Force has adopted the Degreed Officer corps; with very few exceptions, officers are required to have a degree, not a diploma.  EME officers require a degree (primarily in engineering disciplines, but there may be allowances for some science fields).

Exceptions are limited to SRCP and CFR.  Some occupations occasionally have a limited intake of non-degreed personnel through a program called CEOTP; EME has not had openings through that program, to my knowledge; they have always had sufficient applicants through other streams to meet their requirements.

Thank you for the reply; it certainly clears up a lot.

Are you aware of any trades that do take applicants with diplomas for officer positions?

Valken said:
Thank you for the reply; it certainly clears up a lot.

Are you aware of any trades that do take applicants with diplomas for officer positions?

Perhaps investigate universities that will grant credit for the diploma, and enrol in one of their degree programs.  You might be eligible for ROTP for that period.

Back