• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Question: Luggage to St Jean

Paish

Inactive
Reaction score
This may seem like a stupid question but i need it answered, For the trunk of stuff that goes to st jean with you, do you take that with you on the plane? Or ship it in advance. Thanks for the help

Paish said:
This may seem like a stupid question but i need it answered, For the trunk of stuff that goes to st jean with you, do you take that with you on the plane? Or ship it in advance. Thanks for the help

Trunk of stuff????  ::)  I hope you're not planning on bringing a trunk of stuff with you to St-Jean.  The only thing you'll need to bring are about 3 shirts, 3 pairs of pants and enough underwear to get you through the week.  The rest of the stuff you'll be wearing is issued and any other stuff you need you can buy at the Canex when you get here.  Trust me....Don't bring a trunk of stuff.  A carry-on bag with what I said will do just fine.

Shaun

what about a breifcase/suitcase with a lock? and the items you listed?? or we talking more of a duffle bag or even a hockey bag hahah

Mike F said:
what about a breifcase/suitcase with a lock? and the items you listed?? or we talking more of a duffle bag or even a hockey bag hahah

Feel free to put it in whatever you want.  The point is you don't need a trunk full of stuff to get through basic training.

Actually in the iap joining instructions it says to bring a trunk, so yeah apparntly i need it.

I have to agree do not bring too much belongings....you won't be wearing any civy cloths for quite some time :)

the trunk is on the RMC booklet i think and I asked someone at the recruiting centre and appearently the trunk is the barrac box which we'll be issued and take to Kingston and as for sending luggage he said only if we have an excess of luggage like personal computers or what ever, we can send it but otherwise it's not mandatory. Don't take my word though iI'm still not totally clear on this either

EDIT: Oops.  You're heading to RMC.  That answers my Q. - Disregard post. - Cheers.

??? Does that mean we need to bring our RMC luggage to St-Jean as well?

Basic Person said:
??? Does that mean we need to bring our RMC luggage to St-Jean as well?

No it means that you should follow the instructions given to you in the many pieces of paper you will received before and after enrolment.  If you pass IAP, you will be given ample time afterwards to get your RMC luggage to RMC.  Hang on everything will be explained to you and if it is needed it will be explained to you again and again.  Cheers.

Back