• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

QUESTION OF THE WEEK

Mutiny in the Canadian Army. I read about it, and seen a documentary on it. The troops came back from WW1 , and wasted away in a camp , in the U.K. On H.M.C.S. Cresent, in the late ‘50‘s or early ‘60‘s , there was a mutiny. In Germany ,in early ‘80‘s there was an incident , where a Tank Troop ,refused to obey a troop leader, whom the NCM,‘s had deemed incompetant. I have heard of numerous incidents, of troops refusing to obey orders. But in our military, we cover our " dirt", or find a " Scape Goat" , and sit in our respective messes , and talk about how screwed up , other army‘s are. The CF is good at giving advice , but poor at accepting advice.

Old Cent,what about the Leo Commander who was the Recce call sign Leo. Tank who dropped his tank off of 12/15 ft bunker and blew all the hydrauclic‘s and they tried to charge him for X $$$ ?
Yup in Germany?
No Names,no pacck drill. ;)

Further to my last , we ( the CF), are starting to accept " Lessons Learned", from the Americans , in Iraq. 1 Service Battalion , recently , conducted an Ex ., and they had " Gun Trucks". The lead HLVW, had a sandbagged emplace ment , with a C-6, the rear HLVW, had the same thing with an A.A. mount. In all the HL‘s in between , there was a soldier , in the hatch , armed and ready.I talked to the troops , and they said they got this from American CSS people , that were in Iraq .Our people are changing their doctrine on convoys.

Sapper Earl, I know of numerous incidents , of equipment being destroyed or damaged,through neglect, but was written off due to "Training". Or the Officer , that loses his pistol , and it‘s " Handled Internally".
CHIMO.

Further to my last , we ( the CF), are starting to accept " Lessons Learned", from the Americans ...
Good point Cent, too many in the CF think the CF way and CF troops are the be-all end-all and think we have nothing to learn.

Too many times I hear: "Its not in our doctrine, Its not in the pam" or my personal favorite "Thats the American way of doing things!"

Back