• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Question on Brownings and Tactical Holsters

I've only ever used their holsters and they have been great.  Even the nylon canvas holsters are excellent quality.
As for the rest of the gear, I have no experience.

Blackhawk 99% of the time = crap.

I dont like the design of the SERPA - but beyond the design fault  ;D its made well...
(yeah yeah - I know a few guys using them I'm just not a fan)

FWIW - rotating the hood on the 6004 puts your thumb in a good postion to remove the safety on a 1911 or BHP style gun, on a Sig or Glock you have a thumb high grip made ready...

The Bianchi UM-84 holster was a POS from the get go -- I got one in 1990 - when I did not know any better -- I was given an Uncle Mikes tac holster by a nice person two years later, and ran it till 2004 when I started using 6004's
  The 6004 is not perfect - but watching Larry Vickers and Ken Hackathorn run them last week gives me the idea nothing has really surpased it.

FYI there are TWO models of 6004 one for a readied pistol and one for dumb euro's that dont know the fights over if you dont show up with readied weapons...

Now that the SMEs have spoken...  Where are good places (both purchase $ and shipping $) to purchase the 6004?  Went to Milarm in Edmonton and was told that SLS holsters are harder to find than Pope sh** these days.

I've already looked at Nicholls and their delivery time is 6+ weeks but the price appears allright at $129.  Any other options???

DSTactical at New Westminster, BC

www.dstactical.com

Ebay might also be a good option. I bought my OD Serpa holster from an online store in the US, and aside from the lengthy delay at the border, it was slightly cheaper than buying it at a retail store here.

Back