• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Question regarding Pilot occuaption

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I noticed that the website shows that pilots are being hired and are in demand. I just have a couple questions.

I have an honors degree in sociology and a master's degree in criminology. Would this line up at all with the educational requirements for pilot or does it matter? I'm assuming some type of mathematics/engineering would be preferred but is a university degree alone enough? I was already turned away from the intelligence officer position because of this so I'm just curious.

Also, from what I've read the medical is pretty strict for this occupation. I'm physically fit, 20/20 vision, however I did suffer a concussion back in 2011 from boxing that put me out for a while, I've recovered from it but not sure if that would be a factor or not?

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Thinkingofenlisting said:
I noticed that the website shows that pilots are being hired and are in demand. I just have a couple questions.

I have an honors degree in sociology and a master's degree in criminology. Would this line up at all with the educational requirements for pilot or does it matter? I'm assuming some type of mathematics/engineering would be preferred but is a university degree alone enough? I was already turned away from the intelligence officer position because of this so I'm just curious.

Also, from what I've read the medical is pretty strict for this occupation. I'm physically fit, 20/20 vision, however I did suffer a concussion back in 2011 from boxing that put me out for a while, I've recovered from it but not sure if that would be a factor or not?

Any insight would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Here is your insight.  There is an official website that outlines what degrees are required, in addition there are litterally dozens of threads and hundreds of posts about the pilot occupation, detailing every last aspect of it.  You have a degree, therefore one presumes you are able to do a little bit more indepth research then you have shown here.  Start reading.

Locked.

HM
Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back