• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Questions about Artillery NCM duties and career progression

Yeah I don't want to see it as a bad thing , I mean I'll go wherever they ask me to , and I'll do what I have to do wherever , Of course I would like to see new places ( who wouldn't ? ) but I mean , my primary job is to be a good Arty officer , that's all I care about.  You can be in the perfect place a meet very boring people and actually hate the living hell out of it.  You can also be in a really boring place but meet really interesting peeps and just have the time of your life !

Like you said , it's not where you are , but what you do once you are there that will determine if you enjoyed your time or not !

Man, I don't know what I'd do posted way out there. I almost/kind of/maybe considered the regular force instead of the PR, but as a Torontonian I think I'd go stir crazy in a place like Petawawa (hope that doesn't offend any Petawawans).

Marchog said:
Man, I don't know what I'd do posted way out there. I almost/kind of/maybe considered the regular force instead of the PR, but as a Torontonian I think I'd go stir crazy in a place like Petawawa

You might be surprised to know there's lots of things to do outside the "Big Smoke".  I am currently in TO but did ten years in Pet.  And it wasn't all bad.

Is there anywhere to find out where I will possibly be posted? I'm applying for Artillery soldiers and my interview tips say I should know where I could possibly be posted.

Thanks!

Apologies for the step into the Recruiting forum - but we've already answered this question somewhat recently:

http://army.ca/forums/threads/104289.0

Searched for: "army.ca artillery soldier" posting on google.  It was also the 5th option doing a search for "Artillery Soldier" here on this very site.  Both took very little time and actually doing the legwork yourself to answer the questions saves everyone (including the recruiters here) from hand-feeding you answers.  Initiative and problem solving for yourself matters, especially in our line of work.

Request Merge with http://army.ca/forums/threads/104289.0

In reference to Z BTY , what does a whole battery of forward observers do? Is it really a battery sized unit or is it just 2 separate FOO parties?

P.S. Shilo is the best. The only place in Canada that I have found lizards, cactus, shag-nasty poison ivy, and IG's all in one place. Shilo only grows stronger the more hatred it senses.

Back