• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Quick Question about Maritine Systems Engineering Officer training

Gorgo

Reaction score
A general question.

Checking out the recruiting website, I watched the short film for MARE officers (is it still called that these days?), where they state that before people actually get posted aboard a ship for their first active tour, they spend time in Portsmouth in England.  Is that still effective?  And if so, which shore establishment do they go to?  I did read that HMS Sultan at Gosport handles all maritime engineering training in the Royal Navy these days.  Is this true for Canadian officers, or is all training handled fully on this side of the Atlantic these days?

Thanks again!

After asking the obligatory question, "have you searched the site?"

I would suggest reading gcclarke's posts on engineering. All training is Canadian and stands on it's own merits.

kratz said:
After asking the obligatory question, "have you searched the site?"

I would suggest reading gcclarke's posts on engineering. All training is Canadian and stands on it's own merits.

I know this is an old thread but had to correct the above as it's wrong.  MS Eng Officer training is still partially (3.5 months) conducted at HMS Sultan in Portsmouth UK under contract with the UK DOD.

Back