• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Raise your hand if you agree...

Mikeg81 said:
I'm sick of seeing the GGFG, The RCR, and Van Doos in their Scarlet uniforms.

Isn't it time that the Artillery went back to Blues for uniforms? Put some pride back in the Royal Regiment, the Army's senior unit.

Anyone agree?

By all means.  Keep in mind that ceremonial dress is not a public expense item (except perhaps for the Ceremonial Guard).  All you need to do is develop the regimental plan for funding, perhaps by voluntary subscriptions by all members of the Artillery.

Mikeg81 said:
I'm sick of seeing the GGFG, RCR, and Van Doos in their Scarlet uniforms.

Isn't it time that the Artillery went back to Blues for uniforms? Put some pride back in the Royal Regiment, the Army's senior unit.

I don't know where you have been, but these already exist in the Artillery Units.  Just because you don't see them every summer on Parliament Hill or at La Citadelle, doesn't mean that they are not in existence.

Hmmm Patrol blues for all ..... Start mass producing em and we should be able to get Logistek to crank em out at +/- the same price as a set of DEUs.  Get em on points.

With the number of points we all get every year ( and the points that we accumulate ) we should be able to afford both Green AND blue uniforms every 4 years - with points to spare.

.... It's an idea...

George Wallace said:
I don't know where you have been, but these already exist in the Artillery Units.  Just because you don't see them every summer on Parliament Hill or at La Citadelle, doesn't mean that they are not in existence.

I was working with you over at Area Troops, remember?  ;)

I have asked about them. They are listed in the dress regs, and authorized to wear.

And no, they don't exist at my unit...

I know we are sending some lads up to Ottawa to be part of the Ceremonial Guard wonder if they will wear the Engineer Pattern Uniform.

If you go to the Reg Force units you will find that they have them for ceremonial purposes.  Busby's and all.  Some Reserve Units may have them, but again, it is all under the NPP budget, not NPF.  That means that the Unit has to raise the money privately.  This often requires "Sugar Daddies".

NFLD Sapper said:
I know we are sending some lads up to Ottawa to be part of the Ceremonial Guard wonder if they will wear the Engineer Pattern Uniform.

Not likely.  Perhaps you remember the photos of the CDS as a member of the Ceremonial Guard.  That wasn't a Dragoon helmet and scarlets.  ;D

Yeah, my bad got the 1B Full Dress and the Mess Kit mixed up

:brickwall:

Mikeg81 said:

Anyone agree?

No, we don't have to "peacock" ourselves in order to have a sense of pride in our accomplishments, especially lately, besides which I wasn't aware the Artillery was lacking in a sense of pride. 

Petard said:
No, we don't have to "peacock" ourselves in order to have a sense of pride in our accomplishments, especially lately, besides which I wasn't aware the Artillery was lacking in a sense of pride. 

Don't get me wrong, I have intense pride in what the Regiment has done. Adding to it is what I am looking for.

Sharp dress Artillery Blues, or generic green "enivironmental" thing.

Sapper,
One of the problems with the CME & Patrol Blues is that we were the RCE at that time.
We wore grenades as collar dogs & our Forage caps had a Blue band.
As the CME is classified as one of the four "combat arms", logic would require that we wear the red band.....
but there is no official "dress" regulation to adress this problem

5 RGC has enough patrol blues for a honour guard... and they wear RCE livery.... which I don't particularly agree with.

I realized my error geo after I went and looked at the Customs of the CME and the Dress Regs.

Guess I should research more before posting ;)

:cheers:

Yea, just what I would want,....another "look at us" thing to take care of. :clown:

Next!!

OK, OK, I get it.

Bad idea. The current uniform is just fine.

How dare I think outside the box.

Can a mod lock this please?

Not yet, some may come later who like the idea and wish to debate.

I'm not against the idea.  I'm a big fan of tradition and what it means.  Uniforms can make a difference, Guard regiments with their scarlets, RCMP red serge, marine corps uniform etc etc.  One year, for rememberance day the ChofO wore their service dress with glengarries because they didn't have enough scarlets to go around.  I really thought that was shame.  Patrol blues look sharp.  Don't get turned off because a few people disagree. 

http://www.artillery.net/English/rhquniforms.htm

I think blue looks great. The pictures take a bit away from it, but still.

Funny thing is.... no one really dissagrees.
As stated, it wouldn't be all that difficult to kit out most Infantry, Armoured, Artillery & Engineers in patrols via the point system at Logistek.  You could do the same with the Sigs, Log (Ordonance & Service corp) Medical branches....
BUT those highland rigs would be a bit much IMHO...

Mikeg81 said:
I was working with you over at Area Troops, remember?  ;)
I have asked about them. They are listed in the dress regs, and authorized to wear. And no, they don't exist at my unit...

30th Fd RCA may not have any because the Royal Regiment of Canadian Artillery has them for ceremonial purposes. They can be obtained through the Director of Artillery (or his minions in Shilo) for special occasions.

Back