• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

RCMP getting new APCs

The Bread Guy

Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
Navistar Defence Canada, Inc., a wholly owned subsidiary of Navistar Defense, LLC …. announced that it delivered on a USD $14 million contract from the Government of Canada to supply the Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) with International® MXT™ Armoured Personnel Carriers (APCs). The new vehicles will provide increased protection and rescue capabilities for RCMP officers and members of the public during high-risk situations. The contract to support the RCMP is the company’s first MXT vehicle sale to the police and security sector ….
NAV582_NAV730APC_5200.jpg

More in the company news release here, with more info on the International MXT APC here (company site) and spec sheet here (Google Docs)

And when the press gets a hold of this they'll be crying "Harper police state"!

It will add a new twist to the Musical Ride. :nod:

Maybe it's to transport the new marine police forces into canada.

FOR MARTIAL LAW PURPOSES. ;D

TIN FOIL HAT IN 3...2.....1 (Worked last time ;))

Yep, junior guy gets to stick his head out of the hatch with a rifle. Cool until someone shoots back at you. wonder if this thing will stop .338 lapu?

Colin P said:
Yep, junior guy gets to stick his head out of the hatch with a rifle. Cool until someone shoots back at you. wonder if this thing will stop .338 lapu?
Haven't seen any of the test reports but saw a couple of test veh. All I can say is that they did a lot of testing - many calibres and explosive charges (IED simulated charges) and it looked like it survived well enough - although, I didn't have time to inspect the insides.  (OPSEC tested response)

cheers,

You know, with a double V hull that thing might just make a suitable Section Carrier for a light infantry battalion.

IIRC the original bare bones weight was under the 8 tonnes mark and therefore pretty close to the 7 tonne requirement for JLTV.

Beef up the suspension to something like the TAC4i, put some attachment points on it for armour upgrades and you are away to the races.

Kat Stevens said:
Looks like Son of Saxon, lol.
So I see I wasn't the only one getting a bit of "Northern Ireland" vibe looking at the design ;) - here's what the Saxon looks like in (what looks like Asian - Hong Kong?) police colours
589_Saxon_Police_HK.jpg

And if you want to buy one....
http://stroicar.com/eng/equip_f.php?ID=216

The Saxon would make a great piece of collectable armour, easy to get automotive parts for and roomy inside.

Colin P said:
The Saxon would make a great piece of collectable armour, easy to get automotive parts for and roomy inside.
For when you want to take the kids to soccer practice... and let NOTHING stand in your way.

Saw one headed east oh Highway 16 between Lloyd and Vermillion a couple days ago,  supervisor thought it was a brinks style armored car...

marshall sl said:
they use this in BC

As does the EPS and RCMP if I remember correctly...

got a chance to look at it @ the Abbotsford airshow. only a week old had that new car smell. has a protected turret

marshall sl said:
they use this in BC

That is so sad to see.

Not the APC, CFB Chilliwack Area 2 Water Supply and the old Bob Graham Fun Park. All gone... :'(

Cops need this because why again? Jerk with a .308 maybe?

At least they don't have friggin M113s and M577s like down south.

Back