• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

RCMP officers told not to wear symbol depicting ‘thin blue line’

Here is somebody that is likely involved in a "Internal process" starting with "You effing idiot" https://www.citynews1130.com/2021/02/25/vancouver-police-photos-body-beach/
Having a mental heath crisis? Want to kill yourself? Don't worry....Winnipeg Police will share the details of your rescue on the Internet.

>Winnipeg police apologized, removed photos: 'We will be more mindful of what we share via social media'​

Going way back, I remember when Calgary hosted the World Police & Fire games. Was a great connection builder with the city, with fireworks and CF-18’s right on que at the opening. (And low as hell, was surprised)

Polar Plunge is fantastic. I did it 3 years ago with Alberta Sheriffs. Never been more cold, but was a blast. Just wish they would do a bit more PR on it beforehand, get the whole community involved ☺️👍🏻

Polar Plunge is fantastic. I did it 3 years ago with Alberta Sheriffs. Never been more cold, but was a blast. Just wish they would do a bit more PR on it beforehand, get the whole community involved ☺️👍🏻
Polar Plunge has gone virtual this year. It's all for a great cause. I've co-organized our local Law Enforcement Torch Ride since 2018.

Polar Plunge has gone virtual this year. It's all for a great cause. I've co-organized our local Law Enforcement Torch Ride since 2018.
I still haven't made my video yet. The amount raised this year in Ontario compared to our goals have been fantastic. Goal from virtual Polar Plunge was $100,000 and with a week to go we're at $222,000.

Here is a website to make it easier for you to find and post articles. You can thank me later.

You’re barking up the wrong tree if you think Jarnhamar is anti-police.

Pointing out actual instances of real or reasonably apprehended police misconduct that warrant an impartial investigation is always fair game. Passive-aggressively pointing him to ‘cop block’ doesn’t add anything to the discourse here.

You’re barking up the wrong tree if you think Jarnhamar is anti-police.

Pointing out actual instances of real or reasonably apprehended police misconduct that warrant an impartial investigation is always fair game. Passive-aggressively pointing him to ‘cop block’ doesn’t add anything to the discourse here.

I disagree, a couple of positive posts about community policing and his response is to point out misconduct. How is that not being "passive-aggressive"? How does that fit into the discourse? He may not be anti-police, but he is quick to throw some shade on positive actions by law enforcement.

Reminds me a bit of what our Metro officers were up against in TCHC projects, like Vanaulley Walk, in 14 Division.

The decent residents lived in fear of the criminals who lived among them. Criminals used to flash signs at the mothers letting them know it was time to bring their kids inside. The safest time to let their kids out to play was immediately after a shooting, because the heavy police presence would ensure nothing bad would happen.

I think the vast majority of TCHC residents wanted the police in their communities. But, the ones who needed protection most were too afraid to say it.

That was long ago. Maybe things have improved since.

I disagree, a couple of positive posts about community policing and his response is to point out misconduct. How is that not being "passive-aggressive"? How does that fit into the discourse? He may not be anti-police, but he is quick to throw some shade on positive actions by law enforcement.
I’ve known him personally for about a dozen years. He’s on our side, just not blindly. This conversation has frequently touched on police conduct, and he replied to a post by another member, with a relevant and current example of what’s quickly shaping up to be a pretty solid instance of police making poor choices.

The profession is not immune from criticism, and police are not infallible. If, like in any pursuit, we recognize that there is a dumbest 1% of members and a dumbest 1% of decisions, there will be some significant situations that call for public accountability. It’s not ‘anti cop’ to point that out. As long as police get fair due process and their conduct is assessed reasonably and in accordance with law, that’s about as much as can be expected.

I wonder how many cops just say, "Frig it." and transfer to the fire department? :)

It's not uncommon in NYC. Not sure about Canada.

Thanks Brihard. I'm very critical (just like I am of the CAF). I hope the LEOs here don't take it personally.

I think police are incredibly important and don't get nearly the credit they deserve for the good work they do. Especially RCMP and provincial officers in remote locations. As someone with a family who spends chunks of time away from home I sleep better knowing they're protected by professionals.
For me seeing a cop car around town gives me a bit of the same feeling as seeing that Apache gunship over our heads once upon a time.

These stories emerging of unprofessional behavior are appearing more and more. I think it's eroding confidence in the police and negatively impacting whats supposed to be (I think anyways) the positive messaging of the Thin Blue Line. And that sucks.

The negative stories (and behavior) turn the "thin blue line" separating & protecting us citizens from the criminals to something more nefarious. And that sucks too.

For both the police AND the CAF I think we're beyond using "just a few bad apples" as an acceptable response. In both our cases I think we need to admit our respective systems are enabling this continued behavior.

My uneducted guess - and that is all it is, as I've never seen one - the TBL patch might receive a more enthusiastic reception in the suburbs than in "the hood".

Problem is that any real fixes that aren't as destructive as the issues you are trying to fix, take time , particularly when your dealing with leadership issues. In peacetime it takes years to develop a good leader and get them into a position to do good. Of course saying such thinks does not pay the media bills, so they stoke up the flames to get views.

Thanks Brihard. I'm very critical (just like I am of the CAF). I hope the LEOs here don't take it personally.

I think police are incredibly important and don't get nearly the credit they deserve for the good work they do. Especially RCMP and provincial officers in remote locations. As someone with a family who spends chunks of time away from home I sleep better knowing they're protected by professionals.
For me seeing a cop car around town gives me a bit of the same feeling as seeing that Apache gunship over our heads once upon a time.

These stories emerging of unprofessional behavior are appearing more and more. I think it's eroding confidence in the police and negatively impacting whats supposed to be (I think anyways) the positive messaging of the Thin Blue Line. And that sucks.

The negative stories (and behavior) turn the "thin blue line" separating & protecting us citizens from the criminals to something more nefarious. And that sucks too.

For both the police AND the CAF I think we're beyond using "just a few bad apples" as an acceptable response. In both our cases I think we need to admit our respective systems are enabling this continued behavior.

No offence taken (well, former LEO anyway). I can be fairly critical of some of the policies and procedures of my former service, not that anyone cares, but tend to refrain from passing judgment of news items of some incident or action, because I wasn't there. Even the most justified and lawful arrest can look messy if the subject aggressively doesn't want to go - it's not TV.

Celebrating our successes is just as important as facing our failures. For the first many years of my career, hearing that a member was under suspension for a criminal matter was extremely rare and pretty much known province-wide because of its rarity. Now, the number facing criminal charges is truly disheartening and seems to point to common failing. What that is I have no idea.

Everything is a "Kodak moment" these days.

Now, the number facing criminal charges is truly disheartening and seems to point to common failing. What that is I have no idea.
Is it a failing of the officers, by going to far?
Or is it a failing of risk adverse, PC preaching administrators, throwing officers under the bus to cover their asses?

Is it a failing of the officers, by going to far?
Or is it a failing of risk adverse, PC preaching administrators, throwing officers under the bus to cover their asses?
No, criminal charges for police officers are very rare. But if you’re gonna beat the shit out of your wife, or drive drunk, or engage in corruption with tow truck drivers, or threaten to kill your tenant- those are deserving of criminal charges. I think what’s happening now is police officers are less likely to get a free pass from other police as a result of greater oversight and lessened tolerance within the profession for bad cops.

For criminal charges to be laid there have to be reasonable grounds for criminal charges. Now, BS internal disciplinary charges are another matter and can be much more prone to abuse.

Back