• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

RCMP Will Not Meet Recruiting Goal

The RCMP has a lot of competition for candidates; at the SFU Career Days this year, in addition to the RCMP, the Vancouver, Abbotsford, Translink, and Lethbridge (Found that one a little odd) police forces had booths out.  The VPD folks mentioned they needed around 100 more officers in the next two years.

They'll be getting an application from myself here shortly .. soon as I get that grand ol'piece of paper from my fancy book learnin' school.

Hopefully my CBSA experience will help.

But it's true, at the public sector career fair I saw:

RCMP
OPP
Peel Regional
TPS
OPS

So it's safe to say if you are qualified... never been a better time. Quite the far cry from the 90's when it was next to impossible to get on.

Not only is there a lot of competition for candidates, but the failure rate at the polygraph is somewhere near 80%. I know I got deferred for stupid shit. It's stupid shit that I can't argue with and that if I had half of brain I would of resolved BEFORE reaching that stage, but it's stupid none the less. The most frustrating part is that they are things I had indicated in the booklet and they even called me to confirm the details on a few of them. They still brought me in for the polygraph, and I didn't add anything.

From the looks of things, I think that after all the recent scandals they have raised their morality bar a little too high. People with life experience have more often then not gained that experience by making mistakes and doing stupid things.

Back