• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

re:did anyone have some info about nathan smith camp(prt)?

tully_3r22r

Inactive
Reaction score
i want some info about nathan smith camp before i go there.(food gym pool other...)

You should see the rollar coasters

and the water log ride

:eek: ::)

Yup you can eat there sometimes 3 times a day.

Yup you can workout.

The Pool is off limits or at least it was.

It's better then KAF, the pool was great ( when its open ) we would stop in there inbetween adventures and jump in and get it all dirty. Made alot of people angry, which was half the fun. Small Canex, but the kitchen rocked, waaay better then KAF, from the limited exposure we got of either.

and dont forget the beautiful skyline...

Tully,

Can't say if it stayed the same during R1, but I spent 7 months there during R0 as we were building it. It is far better than KAF, mainly due to being smaller and having less people on it. It was by far the best camp that I have lived in in four different op deployments.

Kitchen - no worries there.
Gym - well equipped
Ablutions - well set up, and enough for everyone if you don't all try to shower at 0630.
Amenities - Internet, phones, games etc
Freezers for water - everywhere
Living quarters - hardstand everywhere, and they were not too cramped
A/C and heat - everywhere
Security arrangements - classified, obviously, but they have been well taken into consideration in the design and construction of the camp

Again, things may have changed since my tour.

The Engr in CNS did a lot to change the place on roto 1 (including more rooms in hard-shacks & washrooms). 

Was a good place to sit back, relax and waiting for the next bomb to go off..
I enjoyed my time there, as limited as it was.

The food was good and the place had a "homier" feel than KAF since Canadians run the place and its quite small.  I also thought it smelt better than KAF, but of course that's not saying much.  All in all, a great little place in my opinion.

The only 2 shitty things about CNS as opposed to KAF were a) no hot dutch chicks running around  :p and b) in the mornings especially when the cacaphony of different (unsynched) Mullahs starting going off!

Other than that PRT was wayyy better than KAF. Also in the weather havens at PRT there where beds with matresses while at KAF you were stuck with cots and had to "aquire" a matress.

On his return from his trip to Afghanistan, I had the pleasure to speak to the Hon Peter MacKay, Minister of Foreign Affairs.  Since he was on TV eating breakfast at the PRT Kandahar, I asked him what he thought of army food.  He said it was great, and explained that from what he was told, the troops in the sandbox love it when they are at the PRT, the food beats anywhere else there.  He could have been pulling my leg, I've never been, and I don't believe any of the guys in my unit had been there on their tours.

The PRT being a good go is dependent on your Camp SM when the PPCLI was there it was the bomb but when team ontario showed up it was hell on earth. some tips get a lamp at KAF just in case you get stuck in weather havens And watch out for the ANP if you do towers there are some strange cats in their ranks.They will ask for everything just remember "treat' em mean keep 'em keen ". And it can always be worse you could be on KAF .

They've put in an outdoor fountain here.
A real fountain. It spurts water, and I suppose it's meant to be " decorative " or " soothing "
I often think of sabotaging the fountain, but I'd be the first person suspected.
We cant get guntape, but the fountain works really really well.

For anyone coming to this camp on the next roto, PM me and I'll give you the low down on your rooms and so on.
I hope to have misplaced some quikclot in the fountain by then.

boondocksaint said:
They've put in an outdoor fountain here.
A real fountain. It spurts water, and I suppose it's meant to be " decorative " or " soothing "
I often think of sabotaging the fountain, but I'd be the first person suspected.
We cant get guntape, but the fountain works really really well.

For anyone coming to this camp on the next roto, PM me and I'll give you the low down on your rooms and so on.
I hope to have misplaced some quikclot in the fountain by then.

What? You mean your morale doesn't get lifted every time you walk by the fountain?  :eek:

Dirt Digger said:
The one thing CNS has over KAF:

Mirage yogurt.   ;D

YESSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!  I ate 9 of those one day hahaha.

I was at the CNS twice  and I have nothing bad to say about it.  It feels just like that other host nation Camp. 

Dirt Digger said:
The one thing CNS has over KAF:

Mirage yogurt.  ;D

Um, So does Spin Boldak as it is staffed by Canadian Cooks as well.. Spin Boldak is a great secret.. no big shots seemed to visit it when I was there, we had it all to ourselves!! Did I mention the Haagen Dasz (sp?) Ice cream?

PRT has a golf driving green as well.  Oh and you know how they warn you about eating local food?? The ONLY place I got sick during the tour was in CNS!!! Layed out in bed for two days straight!! Hooked up to an IV.  Not fun. At all. 

Once I got out of the MIR, I did manage to hook the guest quarters up with DIN and telephone, making the temp living easier.

It's a nice place.. in a beautiful country.

Yeah I was at Spin for a month and a bit when the French were still there. Once the Canadians took over it was awesome. 

Back