• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Re-enrollment to the CF Questions

Returning to the Military

• recruting

Votes: 9 64.3%
  • update

Votes: 5 35.7%

• Total voters
Reg F - 4C and Res F 5f.  Two different release items and therefore no change. It doesn't matter if you were released from the Reg f and to be re enrolled in to the Reg F the CFRC/D will have have ask for a re enrolment wavier if they deemed you to be worthy.  Good Luck.

thanks for your response.

The CM figured that the reserve unit may have been giving me one last shot in the arm. 5F is not the advantageously employable one....that'd be a 5D, and it's too late for a grievance.

Thanks again.

serving in the 90's was tuff. My base closed and the local housing market was depressed. The officers got their posting messages a month or so before the OR's...jump on housing market. A M/cpl spec 1 was making 38,000  a year...they now make almost 59,000. There were no privates, therefore no promotions and no way for many to make base rank for IPS.

Tuff decisions in tuff times. I was lucky enough to get a college education, most of a university education and a job teaching my military trades civilian equivalent. Many who thought they could get civvy jobs took FRP or 4 C release...

I have gone through the process of changing a 5F to a 4C.  I was with the Brocks, went NES and was released.  Two or three years later,  I went back to college in Barrie and thought about getting back into the reserves to supplement my meager income.  Long story short, I went with a bunch of papers I had from when I was in before, showed them to a WO there at the armouries, who then informed me that I was Dishonourably Discharged, and since I didn't know that, I should contact my MP, as I may have a legal case against the government....So I did.  A Ministerial Inquiry was initiated, an investigation begun into the circumstances of my release, and after a while, the Commander, LFCA directed my release item be changed to 4C , with a caveat that if I go NES I would be released 5F with no chance of it being reversed again. 
I ended up joining the Comm Res in Borden, and 4 years later CTed to the Reg force, and here I am today.

I still have all the paperwork....just in case!

Good luck, it can be done!

well, it took me two years to get back in, and some of the dates on some of the paperwork I have from the inquiry don't quite add up, or go in sequence, but I think it was about 6 to 8 months for the decision for the change of release status came through.

i found the doc's i received are messed up too. The OR put the wrong COS year, NDHQ refused to grant a 5f because the unit didn't follow the QR&O for a 5f release, etc....sat on someones desk for 18 months...etc etc...the final entry date on itis nov 01...my locker was emptied but my supply docs weren't credited with all the kit, stuff like that.

The kicker is they have me down as the wrong trade...

Back