• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Re-opening application

Figured it was about time to check up on my application so I called in to CFRC Fredericton and left a message. Got an email back a few minutes later and a phone call while I was reading the email; a Sgt there said that they started there about a month ago and found that the outgoing staff had a large amount of unprocessed material - "someone dropped the ball" was the way she put it. So I'm glad I called - she said that they are going through the files as they can but since I called she pulled mine right away. I have been summoned to appear within 30 days to complete additional paperwork (history/references I expect) or else they will close my file - so it looks like I'm headed to the city next week. As far as I can tell from reading here and the CFLRS website, there's a BMOQ course in August, but they would have to process my application extremely quickly if I was going to be leaving in 2 months. Not sure if more are planned for the fall or if it would be next year - all I can do is keep pushing on.

Had my medical today and was told that my vision had gone from V5 to V1. Just need a form filled out and returned by the LASIK place and I will be medically cleared.

Got confirmation that LASIK MD has faxed the form to CFRC, just waiting for them to open so I can call and confirm receipt (they are closed on Mondays). I believe that I read here that selection for Logistics O is at the end of the month, so if I were to get booked for an interview before that then there's a chance that things could start moving pretty fast. We'll see.

Spoke with CFRC and got confirmation they received the form and have forwarded my file to Ottawa for review. Also sent the original via mail as requested. Timeframe will vary of course but the Sergeant I spoke with suggested two weeks or so for them to review wouldn't be out of the question. So it was sent on the 17th, been a week, may get it back next week. Not sure If I'll make selection date by month end, but if I have to wait a little longer, so be it.

Got a voice mail yesterday after I called Friday. They confirmed that my medical file had been returned from Ottawa and I was cleared :) I've also been told today that wile LogO is now closed, MARS has reopened, and I should "hear from them shortly". So, things are still moving. :)

Shortly indeed - got a call this morning or an interview on the 11th.

Really well! Had a great interview with an RCA Captain. He told me that I had good answers to the questions and that I should be competitive for the trade. Of course there are no guarantees, but he did say that there was a selection for DEO MARS on Nov. 1 and that I should be prepared as "things may move quickly" after that date. CFLRS site shows the next BMOQ starts on Jan. 7 so in the event I am selected, I'll have 2 months or so to make sure I have everything in order.

Woot!!! I saw that you were offered a position today! Congrats buddy! I am so happy for you that after all these years of waiting your aspirations are becoming a reality.

Cheers to a bright future!

Thanks! Have a lot on my mind right now so sorry for not updating this to anyone who may be following :)

Final update: I was sworn in this morning and am now a member of the CF.

Gives hope to those of us still wrestling with the process, and red tape.
Congrats. I hope you feel awesome about it. It's been one heck of a journey for you.
I just hope it doesn't take me years though May next year will be a year since I first applied.
Keep up the physical fitness. Not like you'll have much choice. Love to hear how basic goes.
Merry Christmas. Nice present.

Determined said:
Gives hope to those of us still wrestling with the process, and red tape.
Congrats. I hope you feel awesome about it. It's been one heck of a journey for you.
I just hope it doesn't take me years though May next year will be a year since I first applied.
Keep up the physical fitness. Not like you'll have much choice. Love to hear how basic goes.
Merry Christmas. Nice present.

Thanks! It's certainly been a long process, some of that is my fault, some of it isn't, but I knew it was what I wanted so I stuck with it. I am already in the best shape of my life and am *fairly* certain that I shouldn't get sent home due to fitness - RFT is a possibility but I am still working every day to improve.

Back