• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Re: rajdhagat’s satisfying answers-redeux

rajdhagat

Guest
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forums and I've had this question that I had to ask but couldn't find anyone to ask it to.
Here's some information, I'm 16 years old and currently living in India, although I AM a Canadian citizen. I plan on joining the CAF as a NCM after I finish grade 12. I was wondering if I'll be allowed to apply as I'm not born in Canada and I will not have lived in Canada for around 7 years. (moved to India in 2012 following some family issues and my dad's spinal injuries). I read on the army website that I'd have to go through extra background tests and stuff, but overall, all I want to know is that if I'm eligible to join the army.

Thanks in advance.
 

DAA

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
0
Points
0
rajdhagat said:
Hi everyone, I'm new to the forums and I've had this question that I had to ask but couldn't find anyone to ask it to.
Here's some information, I'm 16 years old and currently living in India, although I AM a Canadian citizen. I plan on joining the CAF as a NCM after I finish grade 12. I was wondering if I'll be allowed to apply as I'm not born in Canada and I will not have lived in Canada for around 7 years. (moved to India in 2012 following some family issues and my dad's spinal injuries). I read on the army website that I'd have to go through extra background tests and stuff, but overall, all I want to know is that if I'm eligible to join the army.

Thanks in advance.

If you are a "Canadian Citizen", have a minimum of Gr 10 and at least 16 years of age or older, you meet the basic requirements.

http://www.forces.ca/en/page/applynow-100#who

But chances are, due to your residence history, you may very well be subject to a Pre-Security Clearance Screening at some point in the application process.  These screenings can take from 6-18 months.
 

rajdhagat

Guest
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Is it possible to have my application begin it's processing while I'm in India or do I have to be present in Canada for the entire process, including the Pre-Security Clearance Screening?
 

DAA

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
0
Points
0
rajdhagat said:
Is it possible to have my application begin it's processing while I'm in India or do I have to be present in Canada for the entire process, including the Pre-Security Clearance Screening?

You can apply at any time.
 

mariomike

Moderator
Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Mentor
Reaction score
378
Points
1,130
Saw this in Ask a CAF Recruiter. Adding here for future reference,

Can I join the CAF?
http://milnet.ca/forums/threads/122568/post-1427258/topicseen.html#new
"Is it possible to have my application begin it's processing while I'm in India..."
 

CBT-TRACKER

Guest
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hey I left the CF in NOV i am in the New Zealand Army at the moment. I hope to re-enlist into the CF when I come back. Am I able to begin the process online before i come back to Canada?

- mod edit to fix spelling of thread title -
 

Loachman

Former Army Pilot in Drag
Staff member
Directing Staff
Reaction score
451
Points
980
Welcome to Army.ca, CBT-TRACKER.

Many have applied online while living outside of Canada. There are posts regarding this already on the Site, and about almost everything else.

There is also http://army.ca/forums/threads/294.0.html. Take some time to poke around.
 

Loachman

Former Army Pilot in Drag
Staff member
Directing Staff
Reaction score
451
Points
980
And, as mariomike posted in that thread, there is also https://army.ca/forums/threads/86619.0.html.
 

DAA

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
0
Points
0
CBT-TRACKER said:
Hey I left the CF in NOV i am in the New Zealand Army at the moment. I hope to re-enlist into the CF when I come back. Am I able to begin the process online before i come back to Canada?

- mod edit to fix spelling of thread title -

You can apply online at anytime.

http://www.forces.ca/en/page/applynow-100
 

The Bread Guy

Moderator
Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Donor
Reaction score
340
Points
1,130
Loachman said:
And, as mariomike posted in that thread, there is also https://army.ca/forums/threads/86619.0.html.
And all rolled together now ...
 

rajdhagat

Guest
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Hey everyone, I had previously asked a question and got a pretty satisfying answer so I thought I'd ask another. I plan on joining the Armed Forces after finishing high school and I want to be an infantry soldier... But I'm not sure as to what that involves in the sense that the image of an infantry soldier might be different for me than the actual thing. So, if you could be kind enough to help me out with different types of infantry and help me pick out which one is right for me. Basically I want to be on the ground, in the field working as the first line of defence in any sort of situation. So, what is right for me?
 

Loachman

Former Army Pilot in Drag
Staff member
Directing Staff
Reaction score
451
Points
980
There is a whole sub-forum http://army.ca/forums/index.php/board,4.0.html devoted to Infantry, rajdhagat.

Please read through the posts therein.

There is a ton of information already on this Site, and no need to repeat it.

And while you work your way through those older threads, you'll likely find answers to questions that have not even occurred to you yet.

I will move this thread into that sub-forum later, possibly merging it with an existing thread.
 

mariomike

Moderator
Staff member
Directing Staff
Subscriber
Mentor
Reaction score
378
Points
1,130
rajdhagat said:
So, if you could be kind enough to help me out with different types of infantry and help me pick out which one is right for me.

Life as an Infantry Soldier?
http://army.ca/forums/threads/1897.150.html
7 pages.

Infantry
https://www.google.ca/search?q=site%3Aarmy.ca++infantry&sourceid=ie7&rls=com.microsoft:en-CA:IE-Address&ie=&oe=&rlz=1I7GGHP_en-GBCA592&gfe_rd=cr&ei=aOMnV6bDDcuC8QeQm4ugAg&gws_rd=ssl

Basic Occupational Qualification Training
Infantry Soldiers attend one of three Military Training Centres: The Royal Canadian Regiment in Meaford, Ontario; Princess Patricia’s Canadian Light Infantry in Wainwright, Alberta; and The Royal 22e Régiment in Valcartier, Quebec. The training takes 17 weeks and includes the following topics:
•Use and care of personal and section-level weapons, including rifles, machine guns and anti-tank weapons
•Field-craft, including personal hygiene and meal preparation, camouflage, sentry duties, signalling, selecting firing positions, tactical movements and lines of advance
•Construction of field defences, such as trenches and roadblocks, and laying and marking of minefields
•Navigation by day and by night
•Patrolling operations
•Infantry section and platoon tactics, including offensive, defensive and transitional operations

Specialty Training
Infantry Soldiers may be offered the opportunity to develop specialized skills through formal courses and on-the-job training, including:
•Basic Parachutist
•Parachute Jumpmaster
•Para Instructor
•Mountain Warfare
•Instructional Techniques
•First Aid Instructor
•Rappelmaster
•Unarmed Combat Instructor
•Nuclear, Biological and Chemical Defence Instructor
•Urban Operations

Advanced Training
As they progress in their career, Infantry Soldiers who demonstrate the required ability and potential will be offered advanced training. Available courses include:
•Instructional Techniques
•Primary Army Leadership
•Infantry Soldier Section Commander
•Infantry Soldier Platoon Second-in-Command
•Infantry Soldier Company Sergeant-Major
•Communicator
•Reconnaissance Patrolling
•Anti-Armour Gunner
•Sniper
•Section Commander
•Eryx Gunner
•Machinegunner (Heavy and General Purpose)
•Small Arms Coach
•25mm Gunner and light armoured vehicle Crew Commander
•Winter (Arctic) and Jungle Operations
•Patrol Pathfinder
•Tactical Intelligence Operator
http://www.forces.ca/en/job/infantrysoldier-4


 

dangerboy

Army.ca Veteran
Subscriber
Mentor
Reaction score
388
Points
910
The CAF needs to update its websites more often.  Some of the courses no longer exist (haven't for a while) and others have been renamed.
 
L

LightFighter

Guest
rajdhagat said:
So, if you could be kind enough to help me out with different types of infantry and help me pick out which one is right for me. Basically I want to be on the ground, in the field working as the first line of defence in any sort of situation. So, what is right for me?

Infantry is Infantry. There is only one Infantry NCM trade and one Infantry Officer trade. All Infantry train to do the Infantry job and are deployable. There aren't different types in the way you are picturing.

For the Regular Force, aside from the culture of the individual regiments and locations they are essentially the same. Two Mechanized Battalions(LAVs) with the Third being Light(and having a Parachute Company).

 

lmac99

Guest
Reaction score
0
Points
0
I'm applying to the ROTP programme from Mexico. I know I can apply, but my question is about the transcripts being requested.
As they are in Spanish, would they need to be translated first? Do I need to submit canadian equivalencies?
I also took my SATs last year in the US, and would like to add them to my submission if possible, but the page with information regarding the SATs is denied.
http://www.rmcc-cmrc.ca/en/registrars-office/non-canadian-education-systems

Thanks for the help!
 

DAA

Army.ca Veteran
Reaction score
0
Points
0
lmac99 said:
I'm applying to the ROTP programme from Mexico. I know I can apply, but my question is about the transcripts being requested.
As they are in Spanish, would they need to be translated first? Do I need to submit canadian equivalencies?
I also took my SATs last year in the US, and would like to add them to my submission if possible, but the page with information regarding the SATs is denied.
http://www.rmcc-cmrc.ca/en/registrars-office/non-canadian-education-systems

Thanks for the help!

Try this one --->  http://www.rmcc-cmrc.ca/en/registrars-office/academic-prerequisites

In some instances, RMC Admissions "might" complete the academic review of foreign academic credentials but they may very well ask that you have your prior education accredited.  This can be done through any of the organzations listed on the following website:

http://canalliance.org/index.en.stm

Apply now and they will tell you what is acceptable, what isn't and what needs to be accredited.  All submitted documentation must be in either English or French.
 
Top