• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

recce boat

sean watt

Inactive
Reaction score
Hi all,

If you know where i could get an black inflatable recce boat please drop me a line,

Thank you

sean watt said:
Hi all,

If you know where i could get an black inflatable recce boat please drop me a line,

Thank you

Canadian Tire?
Regards,
Schultz

well that depends, what draft are you looking for?
You gonna take if down rivers in cambodia?
What type of main gun are you looking to mount on it? the G-pig? I would recommend the Ma duece, for those times your behind enemy lines all by yourself.
Are you lone wolfing it? or looking to carry others on you recce's?
and finally what are you looking at for propulsion? 2 200hp outboard?
yeah, id start at Canadian tire or SIR.

Oh and lastly are you wanting it to be air droppable?

Future Unknown said:
well that depends, what draft are you looking for?
You gonna take if down rivers in cambodia?
What type of main gun are you looking to mount on it? the G-pig? I would recommend the Ma duece, for those times your behind enemy lines all by yourself.
Are you lone wolfing it? or looking to carry others on you recce's?
and finally what are you looking at for propulsion? 2 200hp outboard?
yeah, id start at Canadian tire or SIR.

Oh and lastly are you wanting it to be air droppable?

Do you even know what a RECCE BOAT is?

I should hope so recceguy.

That's why I always use the "cheesy" smile  ;D for those situations.

Nfld Sapper said:
I should hope so recceguy.

That's why I always use the "cheesy" smile  ;D for those situations.

It may have also helped if the original poster had defined what he was looking for a bit more. Hell, a log or a washtub & garbage bag would fit the bill. How about them bathtub racers? OK, they're not inflatable, but you could paint 'em black. :D

Thank you all for the quick replies, I admit I deserved the thrashing for being so vague.My apologies.

Last week I was loading up an MLV(SP?) at the armoury and was asked to inspect and load up inflatable rafts designed to hold between 2-4 people which were reffered to us newbs as Recce boats. The boat  had 4 separate bladders utilizing  pinch valves, two collapsible paddles, repair kit and hand pump. It was  black and had a carrying case that allowed it to be carried as a backpack or attached to your ruck.

Now they reason I was keen to this unit is that it could be stored very easily in the side compartment of my Bigfoot camper and could be used in that rare occasion that I needed to attached a rope across the antlers of a moose that "expired" in the drink and needed to be towed to shore.

To answer a question that popped up I am a no hook private waiting for his BMQ to start later this month so the answer is no, I do not know what  I am asking for but I am confident that someone here can help. I hope that this boat style rings a bell with someone and they can put me onto a surplus source for it.

Thank you very much for any help,
Regards,
Sean

They are in fact "recce boats"

i used them for 11 years and spent 3 years showing combat engineer QL3s how to use them

Thank you,
Now that I know what they are called I can effectively pursue them. Any idea where I can buy one?
It is the perfect boat for what I need.

Surplus stores maybe......they werent an "off the shelf" purchase by the military so i doubt you will find those exact same boats in stores.  You might be able to find something similar in sporting goods stores out outdoor places.

To get something even remotely close in quality, expect to fork over something on the north side of $500.  Most civy boats won't take anywhere close to the abuse these little fun tubs can.... Recce boats on the Vedder River in April, anyone?  ;D

Back