• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Reconstitution

I’m struggling to respond to you without assuming that was meant as an insult. I’m just going to assume it more your personality than anything. Anyways people should learn this through in clearance, but if you don’t the reality is most people in the army will need some over the counter meds and will find out pretty quickly they didn’t need to waste a doctors time with it. Which is the whole point I suppose.
Or we could do like 99% of the population and pay for our Tylenols OTC.

Or we could do like 99% of the population and pay for our Tylenols OTC.
Sure, however if your employer provides a benefit then stops it, what do you call that?

In more real terms the effect of “oh by the way your meal plans went up and now you don’t get free allergy meds” on how some one perceives their being valued is probably more than the actual dollar value.

Will you still be able to get over-the-counter medications when you are in the field or on course and don't have easy access to a pharmacy?

Sure, but it's another nickel and dime cut, and some OTCs aren't cheap either. That helped a lot when I was more juniour.
If you truly need the meds regularly, go see a doctor, they’ll prescribe it and it’ll be free. Added bonus is that it tracks heavy usage that could point to chronic health issues that may require follow up.

If you truly need the meds regularly, go see a doctor, they’ll prescribe it and it’ll be free. Added bonus is that it tracks heavy usage that could point to chronic health issues that may require follow up.
Sure, someone will just get an appointment to get OTC medication or go to sick parade. That's totally not a complete waste of everyone's time, and an efficient use of very limited medical resources.

OTC allergy meds is about 30-40 for a month worse, and depending where you are at, is usually about 3 months worth for allergy season. WIth that $100 they save they can print some recruitment posters I guess.

Given that our sick parades can be three hour waits, appointments can take weeks, is that really the more efficient system than just letting Cpl Bloggins pop by on their lunch and grab some ibuprofen ?

Sounds like a horrible way to make a living.
Anticipation Popcorn GIF

Given that our sick parades can be three hour waits, appointments can take weeks, is that really the more efficient system than just letting Cpl Bloggins pop by on their lunch and grab some ibuprofen ?
Or they could just buy them for $20? If you need more than one bottle a year, you likely have issues that require medical attention or at least documenting.

For allergy meds, that should definitely be followed up by a doctor…

Or they could just buy them for $20? If you need more than one bottle a year, you likely have issues that require medical attention or at least documenting.

Sure and we could just go to the town clinic instead of having a mir. We could pay for physio like other Canadians, on that note why do we get dental year round ?

Oh right we get benefits for our employment. This one has been cut. While it was absolutely a small thing, it’s just another bit of making the deal a bit worse. Oh well good think we aren’t like short 17,000 people.

So, do you agree that it was a benefit that was cut, or that it doesn’t matter because we don’t have laser eye surgery or massages covered too?
Yes it was technically a benefit. No it doesn’t matter because, in my opinion, the odd bottles of Advil cost nothing compared to $70/hour massages and thousand dollar eye surgeries.

Begging your pardon but when I retired I had racked up a few injuries along the way. The Ibuprofen and Tylenol the MIR handed out were absolutely essential and flair ups from ankles, Knees, shoulders etc from doing Army stuff takes a toll.
Cutting OTC meds - yeah that will sure help. Even generic OTC meds are expensive.

Begging your pardon but when I retired I had racked up a few injuries along the way. The Ibuprofen and Tylenol the MIR handed out were absolutely essential and flair ups from ankles, Knees, shoulders etc from doing Army stuff takes a toll.
Cutting OTC meds - yeah that will sure help. Even generic OTC meds are expensive.
So you had chronic injuries that required attention. Proving my point?

Yes we in the infantry require some maintenance. Maybe where you are you don't have 600 people with chronic issues. In the infantry we do.

Remember this was in the service of Canada and the deal is Canada takes care of your medical needs until release, then VAC if necessary.

That was the deal.

I don’t get a regular supply of ibuprofen for my arthritis, my shoulder, or my knee. It’s a “take when you need it” which worked because I could just grab as I needed. Now I’m going to go waste a couple hours of my time, plus a medic and some doctors time. Great, what a win for everyone involved.

Oh and we used to be able grab blister packs over the counter, which was a great thing to keep on you to keep yourself functional in the field. Guess we’ll be sending guys to the MIR when they should be training.

Back