• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

References Superthread [Merged]

2nd above post and would add that if you are being screened for TS that they will try to talk with (some) one around where you live regardless of who you indicate :)

Just going to add in here, as I have this exact form sitting on my desk to my left. The section AlphaBravo is asking about is Section M of the Security Clearance Form which says in the instructions:

Level I and II must complete sections A to J inclusive and P.
Level III must complete all sections.

So they might actually be able to skip that section, depending on their trade.

I have a problem...
I just received a call from the Recruiting Centre telling me that all my references are invalid (I've discussed this in the past and knew this day would come) and that I need to pick out four new references.

The problem is... I don't have four references to use, I only have one person who isn't a relative that has known me for 5+ years.

What's recommended that I do?

Alderson said:
I have a problem...
I just received a call from the Recruiting Centre telling me that all my references are invalid (I've discussed this in the past and knew this day would come) and that I need to pick out four new references.

The problem is... I don't have four references to use, I only have one person who isn't a relative that has known me for 5+ years.

What's recommended that I do?

For me my references were allowed to add up
To a total of 5 years. Try teachers? Bosses? Doctors?

This is what's on the e-file that I need to fill out again:

Provide the following information for four (4) valid references whom we can contact. Reference checks will be made and some or all of the following information will be confirmed: your honesty, reliability and maturity; your performance under stress; your ability to get along with supervisors and co-workers; your personal strengths and weaknesses. The references provided must be able to provide information covering the last five (5) years or to age 16 (whichever comes first).

I'm going to give the recruitment centre a call today just to clarify if each reference needs to have known me for 5+ years, or if they can be added up.

The problem right now is, I don't have educational references that I've known for 5+ years, nor have I been in contact with any of my teachers since I was in school. I've also never kept in contact with any professional references after my job, nor was I ever at one job for 5+ years.

Right now, the only two I can think of is my doctor, and my dentist.

Alderson said:
This is what's on the e-file that I need to fill out again:

Provide the following information for four (4) valid references whom we can contact. Reference checks will be made and some or all of the following information will be confirmed: your honesty, reliability and maturity; your performance under stress; your ability to get along with supervisors and co-workers; your personal strengths and weaknesses. The references provided must be able to provide information covering the last five (5) years or to age 16 (whichever comes first).

I'm going to give the recruitment centre a call today just to clarify if each reference needs to have known me for 5+ years, or if they can be added up.

The problem right now is, I don't have educational references that I've known for 5+ years, nor have I been in contact with any of my teachers since I was in school. I've also never kept in contact with any professional references after my job, nor was I ever at one job for 5+ years.

Right now, the only two I can think of is my doctor, and my dentist.

I'm done High School but I went back a month ago to get two teachers references whom I've known each for 5 years. My other two references were two of my Assistant Managers that I've only known for 2 years each. If you want references, just phone or go to your High School or previous place of employment and get references you think will say good things about you. You're not going to get any further if you don't try getting your references.

I'm thinking I may have the four references... Would these four be valid -

Doctor
Dentist
Hair cutter/Barber

And for my last one - I use to play paintball for 10+years and would always go to this one paintball place to play there. I also began to work there as of this year, would I be able to use him as a reference since I've been going there for 5+ years and have talked to him before I even began working there?

Alderson said:

Doctor
Dentist
Hair cutter/Barber

And for my last one - I use to play paintball for 10+years and would always go to this one paintball place to play there. I also began to work there as of this year, would I be able to use him as a reference since I've been going there for 5+ years and have talked to him before I even began working there?

According to the instructions on the forms; if none of them are relatives, then you are good to go. 

Alderson said:

Doctor
Dentist
Hair cutter/Barber

Yes, George Wallace is right and all of those references should be valid as they're not against anything on the form you have. If I were you I'd get them ASAP and get them handed in so you can move on with your process. It's a slow enough process so there's no sense in making it even longer. Good luck on your process.

Thank you both for helping me out here.
One last question. I plan on using my dentist, but the problem is it's not like the dentist and I speak all that much. The only time we would talk is when I go get my teeth cleaned.

Also, my doctor probably doesn't have an email address, is it okay to leave that part with a N/A through it?

Alderson said:
Thank you both for helping me out here.
One last question. I plan on using my dentist, but the problem is it's not like the dentist and I speak all that much. The only time we would talk is when I go get my teeth cleaned.

Also, my doctor probably doesn't have an email address, is it okay to leave that part with a N/A through it?

If it's possible try to find someone other than your Dentist then but if it's to hard just use your Dentist. Only 2/4 of my references had their emails put down, it's not really a big issue. I think it's only to get in contact with them if they can't get to the phone or something.

Hey guys I finally got my CFAT scheduled for the 20th and received the email with documents and practice IQ tests (scored 115) so I'm not worried about the CFAT at all. My only problem is the 5 required professional references I am 22 i have gotten nothing but the bottom of the barrel for employment, so I have never held a job for more than 1 year and have always left on "kind of bad terms" I don't even have a personal doctor and I finished my high school diploma outside of highschool so no teacher that has known me for required amount of time. I have nothing to reference other than friends/family/old coworkers. So am i screwed or do i have options ?

After reading through that thread i still have no reference that fits what is required but i noticed some people "got away" with referencing friends

I am applying for a reserve unit for the army in bathurst nb and have received confirmation I am medically fit, passed my cfat and completed my interview but can't attend the enrollment ceremony because I have to get my background check and the nearest BMQ is set to start the 30th of January, only days away. I am wondering how long this background check will take.

Fpseelground said:
I am applying for a reserve unit for the army in bathurst nb and have received confirmation I am medically fit, passed my cfat and completed my interview but can't attend the enrollment ceremony because I have to get my background check and the nearest BMQ is set to start the 30th of January, only days away. I am wondering how long this background check will take.

The background check is done as part of the processing of your application.  Turn around times are suppose to be not more than 14 days but it varies.

Follow-up with the Reserve Unit that you are trying to join and see if they have any updates for you.

Fpseelground said:
I am applying for a reserve unit for the army in bathurst nb and have received confirmation I am medically fit, passed my cfat and completed my interview but can't attend the enrollment ceremony because I have to get my background check and the nearest BMQ is set to start the 30th of January, only days away.

You started the "Medical hold" thread last night:
Medical hold 
http://milnet.ca/forums/threads/117641/post-1346945.html#msg1346945

"And as far as the recruitment office said, they only said to wait and they have no idea what so ever how long I'll have to wait."

Has your Medical status improved since last night?

Yes I called today and they said I was medically fit, but I couldn't attend the enrollment ceremony on he Januray 22nd as I am waiting on my background check. Also the BMQ I am set to train in is supposed to start on the 30th of January, I'm wondering if I'll get the check done with and enrolled by the time the BMQ starts.

I've finished and passed cfat, interview, medical and fitness over 10 months ago, and i've been checking with my local army reserve recruiting centre regulary and still waiting on my background check :/
As far as I was told by the recruiters is that background check could take longer if you were born outsidr Canada, have direct relatives abroad, haven't lived in Canada in the past 10 years. (When i visited the unit im applying for, a guy there told me his whole application process took 3.5 years because of that!)

Fpseelground said:
Yes I called today and they said I was medically fit, but I couldn't attend the enrollment ceremony on he Januray 22nd as I am waiting on my background check. Also the BMQ I am set to train in is supposed to start on the 30th of January, I'm wondering if I'll get the check done with and enrolled by the time the BMQ starts.

Did you miss something?  ****--->  http://army.ca/forums/threads/117642/post-1346991.html#msg1346991

Or do I have to repeat it again?

Back