• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

References Superthread [Merged]

Within the DND form it states, "Your references will be contacted shortly after your form is submitted." Therefore, does that mean they ACTUALLY contacted them right away or do I still have time? My main question is if they wont take that mistake lightly of writing 5 years down

mikegf6 said:
Within the DND form it states, "Your references will be contacted shortly after your form is submitted." Therefore, does that mean they ACTUALLY contacted them right away or do I still have time? My main question is if they wont take that mistake lightly of writing 5 years down

Give them a call.  They don't usually use those forms, let alone start contacting references, until after your medical results have been approved.  But stranger things have happened.

Thank you, also one more question, do they book your fitness test because my friend was told to just go on the day they are doing it, (he was given date and time verbally) and basically told him to just show up? Should I show up or just wait for them to approach me and book it. I have already done my CFAT and my interview and medical have been booked. Still waiting on fitness test

mikegf6 said:
Thank you, also one more question, do they book your fitness test because my friend was told to just go on the day they are doing it, (he was given date and time verbally) and basically told him to just show up? Should I show up or just wait for them to approach me and book it. I have already done my CFAT and my interview and medical have been booked. Still waiting on fitness test

The fitness test is ONLY administered if you are applying for the Reserve Force.  If you are applying for the Regular Force, you will be administered the fitness test (FORCE Test) during your first week at BMQ.

*** - for Reserve Force applicants, the FORCE Test is now administered prior to writing the CFAT.

Good day,
OK so I applied to the cf well over a year ago but had some old debt that was holding me back. Everything was done, background check, cfat, interview , ect.  My most recent contact with the recruiter was about 2 weeks ago. They said they would have to conduct another background check on me. Any idea how much longer this would take? Or is there anyone out there in a similar situation ?

Though I have secret clearance from before I released in Feb, I reapplied to the Reserves after releasing and they told me I have to do a background check again, I believe I'm in week 3 of them doing it. It takes time.

I am graduating from high school this year and I have applied ROTP. Since I have lived and I have immediate relatives living outside Canada, I was told to go through a background check before booking an interview. The recruiting officer sent me 3 forms to fill in but I was instructed to only send him 2 out of 3 forms. The officer also told me that the I will need to fill in the security clearance form(330-60e) with him so I am not required to do it  now. I have completed and send the 2 forms in mid-March and I am still waiting for a reply. I contacted the recruiting officer in April and he said my background check was still processing.

Questions

1. Since I will not remain in Canada in summer, should I contact the recruiting officer about my situation?

2. Should I send the third form(330-60e)? (It confuses me because some emails tell me to send it but some say not to)

3. If I need to contact the recruiting centre through emails, which info do I need to provide for verification of my identity?

Good day DevilsBrigade,

Questions on criminal records background checks have been asked and answered in depth on this form. Ensure that you conduct a better prior search before posting the same question that has already been asked to find your answer.

I have copied and paste the read first post that you skipped before posting your question so you may be informed of the rules regarding the questions to be asked on this form. Maintain contact with the recruiting center processing your application and advise them of your situation as you will need to update your contact information with them in order for them to maintain contact with you while you are out of country. 

Welcome to the “Ask a CAF Recruiter” section. The members tagged as “CAF Recruiter” are official Canadian Armed Forces recruiters. They will identify themselves with their rank, first name and the Forces.ca avatar. In order to best answer questions, there are some rules that need to be adhered to.

This section is for persons who have questions about joining the Canadian Armed Forces, occupations, different enrolment programs, and prerequisites. Much of the information can be found at Forces.ca, or the Recruiting FAQ and wiki section of this site. Before you ask a question, you should be searching the forum or the Forces.ca website for these answers.

We will not answer questions about technical difficulties with the application process, or the website. We will not answer questions about difficulties contacting your recruiting centre or general inquires with regards to your current application or file. These questions can be asked here: http://forces.ca/en/page/contactus-73

Thank you for your reply. I did not pay attention to the rules and that's my fault. I did much research afterwards and I found some useful info. I should have done more research before posting. Sorry for that.

(Search yielded no results)

Is it before or after the medical/background check?

Is it usually the last step?

References are part of the background check and generally they are the last thing done prior to merit listing. There is a 26 page thread on references, so I'm assuming your post will be merged there soon enough. http://army.ca/forums/threads/12763.0.html

Hi Everyone;

I have my CFAT coming up in a week. I need 4 Professional References.

I turned 16 on December 19, 2013.

I have known my References since February 2014, and July 2014; I was 16 at the time I knew these references. Would they qualify as a reference; or must I have someone who I have known since the day I turned 16?

Appreciate any help if possible, if a Recruiter on here can answer that would be great!

Thanks.

va7ddp,

You need have enough references to cover the time period from your 16th birthday until now, with no gaps in that time. Example below:

-John, the soccer coach has known you from 19 December 2013 to 31 July 2014.

-Marry, high school teacher has known you from 15 May 2014 to 1 April 2015.

-Paul, your math tutor has known you from 1 March 2015 to present.

Although 4 references are recommended, you should be fine with a minimum of 2 references.

Thanks for your response;

This is what I have now on my "Data Verification"

1. Teacher - Sept 2010 to June 2015 (Known 5 Years)
2. Volunteer Coordinator - Feb 2014 to Current (Known 1.5 Years)
3. Manager - July 2014 to Current (Known 1.1 Years)
4. Supervisor - July 2014 to Current (Known 1.1 Years)

If I have understood you correctly this is will meet the requirements?

How many references do they actually call? I have 1 reference that got called. He is in the CF(does that matter?). 1 reference that played phone tag. 1 reference didn't not get a call and the forth one, I didn't heard from.

Would the CF just settle with 1 reference?

Che85 said:
How many references do they actually call? I have 1 reference that got called. He is in the CF(does that matter?). 1 reference that played phone tag. 1 reference didn't not get a call and the forth one, I didn't heard from.

Would the CF just settle with 1 reference?

They settled with only one of mine, a buddy I did some volunteer work with over the past 5 years for church. I did provide them with a teacher, and another person I did volunteer work with (church). And I spoke to my other references and they said they never got a call (My background check is done).

Yes, your references are sufficient. Make sure that you let your references know that they will be contacted, and ensure that their contact information is correct.

Merged.

And, this being Canada, the abbreviation for "Captain" is "Capt".

Garda called me early last week, they were trying to get a hold of one of my references but I had written one number down wrong. Before this, they had called one other one, and they verified up to 2013. It has been well over a week and they haven't contacted the rectified reference. Is it normal for them to take a while to fire the reference check back up again? Or do you think they tried the other two of four references and won't bother with the one I corrected?

This is my second time around, and I still don't understand the process...

Can anyone shed any light?

Back