• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Regiment Postings

Ed Art

Inactive
Reaction score
Hello,
Quick question, first I did a search and didn't find anything...
I'll try to phrase this best I can.  After your posted to a regiment are you permanently attached to that regiment?
Obviously I know you switch postings but are you always attached to the same regiment.
In the artillery trade there are four regiment postings, a couple in the west and a couple in central Canada.  Does this then mean there's no chance to be posted out west.  Personally I would like to spend a few years out west when I'm done school but I'm not sure what the deal is.

Any info appreciated; particular emphasis on the later part of the paragraph.

To be posted to a Regiment, would mean that you won't move after that in your whole career, is what you make your question sound like.  This is not true, even in the Infantry Bns.  You will be in that Regiment for a period of time and then you will be posted off to the School, a Reserve Unit, an Exchange Posting, NDHQ, a Training Establishment, or any of the numerous ERE (Externally Regimentally Employed) postings, or perhaps posted to another Regiment altogether.  You can rest assured that you are not going to spend your whole career in one location.

Ed, any time you're wondering questions like these, remember its the mean green machine you're asking about. They can drop you off anywhere in the world, and so of course, if you are needed in another regiment, they will put you into that regiment.

Back