• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Regular Officer Training Plan (ROTP)-RMC 2000 - 2018 [Merged]

• Thread starter Travis Silcox
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Inch.  This comes from an instructor that is in MJ right now.  Quoted during our famous MOC WeekEnd...  I should have included quote marks, sorry. 

No, I haven't seen any course.  Maybe I misused some words.  I'm not (in fact, I'm far from beeing) perfect in English yet... But I'm working on it ;)

Is there a way to edit a post?

Thanks,

Max

quick question, (I may be getting ahead of myself here, I haven't been accepted yet) what kind of clothing/uniforms are supplied by both RMC and during basic training and what kind of clothing do I have to bring for myself?

RMC has its own uniforms and you'll get all of your combats at St.Jean.

Bring civies for getting poo-faced in montreal.

This year, the first years were not allowed to wear civilian clothing into town until this semester.

As for the civilian clothing, include a selection of "conservative" clothing in addition to your usual wardrobe.

By "conservative" I mean, collared sheets, belt, non-white socks, casual shoes, and non-sporty pants that are not jeans.

There's something called "mess standard" which is a dress standard for eating in the mess (where you eat most of your meals).

This means, as long as you dress like Steve Erkel, you're good to go  ;D

However, there is a committee to review such standards as we speak...

The other day (Wednesday) my mom recieved a call from the recruitment office while I was at school. They asked her what Squadron I wanted or something like that. Of course my mom had no idea what they were talking about. I've been trying to call them since Wednesday but to no avail.

Does anyone know what this is about? Since I have to wait until Monday to try calling them again? I thought they placed you in a squadron after you graduated, not before you were even accepted.

Does anyone know what this is about?

If you are ROTP civU, you will be attached to a Squadron during the course of your studies.  You will do you OJTs there.

Max

I finally got hold of the recruiting center today and they had no answer for me. They actually seemed as confused as I was. They told me that the call might have come from the HQ in Bordon. And as far as I know, they've attempted no further contact. What do I do now? The recruitment center doesn't know what it's about, and I don't know how to contact the HQ.

SupersonicMax said:
If you are ROTP civU, you will be attached to a Squadron during the course of your studies.  You will do you OJTs there.

Max
Thanks for responding but don't I have to be accepted first before they start asking me where I want to be placed? I thought they placed you where you were needed. Has anyone else recieved a call like this?

Haha, wow I wish I read all these tips before I applied.

This might have been answered in the 22 pages before but, when would you expect to hear back?
and... are you contacted if you don't get accepted

=] Thanks

choi said:
Haha, wow I wish I read all these tips before I applied.

This might have been answered in the 22 pages before but, when would you expect to hear back?
and... are you contacted if you don't get accepted

=] Thanks

The final date for merit listing of ROTP files is tomorrow and more offers should start coming out in a couple of weeks.  Yes your CFRC/D will contact you if you don't make it.

Well you certainly will be if you aren't.  If you have successfully completed all the processing and the interviewer said that you were suitable then you were merit listed.  If you owe medical information there is a good chance you are not.

My interviewer told me that I was a "strong applicant" however I still have to do the fitness test. So that would prohibit me from being merit listed. Is that correct?

I'm sorry I'm extremely nervous, and to be quite honest I've never been so terrifyed to pick up the phone. Thanks for all your help!

Allie said:
My interviewer told me that I was a "strong applicant" however I still have to do the fitness test. So that would prohibit me from being merit listed. Is that correct?

I'm sorry I'm extremely nervous, and to be quite honest I've never been so terrifyed to pick up the phone. Thanks for all your help!

Sorry I forgot to mention that the fitness test is not required for ROTPs to be merit listed.  A ROTP applicant must be medical fit Part II, background check complete and be assessed as suitable in order to be merit listed.  Fitness test will be done if the applicant is selected.  Reason for delay in fitness testing is because in some cases the test will expire before the applicant is selected.

You had better get over your nervousness really quick and I strongly suggest that you and any other ROTP applicants who are not sure if they are being considered for selection to get on the phone now and make sure everything is good to go with their files because after 1600 EST today it will be too late.

Well, I live up here in Ottawa, recently failed my ASC (aircrew selection course) in Trenton for pilot, my MCC suggested I make 2 more career selections and I had the interview over the phone this morning, he told me they should be receiving the offers from RMC within the next week or 2, how's this looking for me timing wise?

Entry Info: Looking forward to reg forces.  Applying to RMC through ROTP, I've had my CFAT, Medical and Aircrew Medical, (first) Interview and Fitness done for well over a month now.  The career choice that was already on my application besides Pilot was Aerospace Controller, and the two I added today are Engineer Officer and Armour Officer.

well i guess you are right on the date kid_X
i got my call for the RMC on may 10th and got dates for all sorts of things. one cool thing is that I am going to ottawa to meet up with 1500 other new ones like me for the assermentation :eek:. the CFRC told me that i still have papers but on june 30th iam on training so looking positivly forward to that.

hope to make contact( we never know) ;)
p.s. sorry for the english i am a bit rusty  :-\

one cool thing is that I am going to ottawa to meet up with 1500 other new ones like me for the assermentation

You are going to Ottawa to be enrolled with approximately 250 other people is a large enrolment ceremony at the War Museum and the swearing-in officer will be the Chief of the Defence Staff, Gen Hillier.

realy? well it is cool enought i must a misunderstoud the guy from CFRC. Seeing Gen. Hillier in person was unexpeted. thanks anyway

I've also received my acceptance to RMC through ROTP (thank god for that) and with the help of my file manager I put in a "conditional request" as he put it.  What that is is that if I'm accepted for my first or second choices, which are still under review, I get in for one of those by order of selection, if not, I am accepting what I have been offered at the moment (AEC).  I sign on the dotted line on May 29th and the enrollment ceremony is on the 3rd of June.  My file manager left a message for me today so I will be getting back to him tomorrow (hopefully, it's a terrible game of cat and mouse) and with any luck that is to give a final word on my other choices or to select a date and arrange transportation for Basic Training, he left no details in the message but my fingers are crossed.
p.s. sorry for the english i am a bit rusty
Alvin, are you french?

yeah kid_x i am french and i guess we will be both part of the 250 new recruits enrolled at Ottawa with our parents and friends wich must bring us to more than a tousand. I sign tomorow may 24 for all my papers(wich i got a letter today to confirm every thing) i wonder if all 250 are going to be new rmc students?? . I am axious to get more info tomorow.
p.s. i guess we will meet up kid_x

i wonder if all 250 are going to be new rmc students??

There will be ROTP and Reg F and Res F NCMs enrolees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back