• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Regular Officer Training Plan (ROTP)-RMC 2000 - 2018 [Merged]

• Thread starter Travis Silcox
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Globemaster77 said:
Just saw a comment that said: Write down only pilot. I wrote other choices as well and was offered 2nd choice when guys who only wrote pilot got conditional offers.

What do you guys make of this?
Should I only write pilot? What if I don't get a conditional offer?
Would I be able to attempt another profession or would it be safer just to pick 2nd and 3rd choices?
Thanks.

Would you be happy with any career in the CF that is not pilot? If yes, then put other choices. Otherwise, why bother putting other choices and then refuse an offer.

Question for the guys that went to Aircrew selection in Trenton. Out of the group, how many passes/failed in the sim and at the medical?

Last year seemed to be way better than the average of 45% of people passing (that's the published CF average), and I'm curious about this year.

Hey everyone, just an update on how things are going.

Did my interview, got my security testing completed, phoned in and was told that I am currently on the merit list for Inf.O and awaiting selection boards.

Good luck everyone!

Alex

Cui said:
When I applied I was told that MPO was no longer hiring and had to switch to armour. Glad to see that it opened by the time you applied  :)

When I first applied it was not available to ROTP but I was informed it had opened up about a week before my interview -  so it worked out perfectly.

Are you done the whole process now? You could possibly call the CFRC and see if you can schedule an update interview. It's worth a shot anyways.

Just had my CFAT and medical, and I'm having lunch before finding out when my interview is. Very excited that the ball's finally rolling! I believe I passed, I didn't get pulled aside, so that's good! Good luck to everyone else in the process of learning about "hurry up and wait!"

Hi guys,

I have applied for pilot, have passed the ASC, waiting for the result of my aircrew medical and then I'm really excited to heard an offer by beginning of april. I'm applying for Junior ROTP because I'm from Quebec.

Hope you will have offer !

I was just wondering what you guys are told when you are "Merit Listed". Does the CFRC explain what "merit listing" means.

oaktown said:
I was just wondering what you guys are told when you are "Merit Listed". Does the CFRC explain what "merit listing" means.

From my understanding that was given to me by my recruiter, it means all required task have been completed in the steps of receiving a job offer. Medical, Interview, Aptitude, etc and so on.

Meaning the only thing left to happen (if it so happens) is a job offer!

Ok, good. That is what it means, essentially they use an electronic system for DEO offers, and no board is sat. Therefore you are "merit listed" when everything is complete and your score is entered. For ROTP there is a board however the term "merit listed" is still used to state that everything is complete and you are just waiting for the board decision.

I was just asking to stir up the idea in case some people on here thought "merit listed" meant you were set above the rest or you had an exceptional file...simply means your file is complete.

Next question - whats everyone's CFRC said about the boards? Any timeline when they said they'd be sat. A reminder to you guys I've gone through this before so I can confidently say more or less every recruiting center will say something different and none are usually accurate. Mine told me they were already behind by about 3 weeks, and that boards would not be sat until March.

oaktown said:
Ok, good. That is what it means, essentially they use an electronic system for DEO offers, and no board is sat. Therefore you are "merit listed" when everything is complete and your score is entered. For ROTP there is a board however the term "merit listed" is still used to state that everything is complete and you are just waiting for the board decision.

I was just asking to stir up the idea in case some people on here thought "merit listed" meant you were set above the rest or you had an exceptional file...simply means your file is complete.

Next question - whats everyone's CFRC said about the boards? Any timeline when they said they'd be sat. A reminder to you guys I've gone through this before so I can confidently say more or less every recruiting center will say something different and none are usually accurate. Mine told me they were already behind by about 3 weeks, and that boards would not be sat until March.

My recruiter has said that I could have on offer anytime between May and August.. I know August made me appear confused, but hey I would accept an offer at any moment.

I was told mid-march is when the board would sit, but since I am civy-u (unsuitable for RMC) that my offer would be later.

I was also told that offers can come between march and August but that the main group of offers would be first or second week of April

Anyone applying MARS have any questions? I'm currently into my 3rd year of being a reservist MARS officer..been on ship, been sent to Manitoba to help with the flooding etc so ask away if those short videos on the recruiting website didn't give you a good enough taste of the trade. 

The Travel Is There said:
Just got a call informing me that I am going to aircrew selection on February 19th. Anyone else going?

I am hoping to be, I am just waiting on my aircrew medical to be signed off... It should be anytime now though.

Regardless if I make it in time or not, good luck in Trenton.

oaktown said:
Anyone applying MARS have any questions? I'm currently into my 3rd year of being a reservist MARS officer..been on ship, been sent to Manitoba to help with the flooding etc so ask away if those short videos on the recruiting website didn't give you a good enough taste of the trade.

Although I am not applying to MARS that is pretty cool :D

Stacked said:
That's probably a good call. :p.  I was deckhand for a MARS IV (The last phase of MARS training, 6 weeks at sea) man did those guys get crap on.  Not easy for sure.

It is one of the most competitive officer trades, had a great time cooking on an Orca for a MARS IV course but I certainly wouldn't want to have been a MARS student, it was a tough course for them.

HeavyD said:
I am hoping to be, I am just waiting on my aircrew medical to be signed off... It should be anytime now though.

Regardless if I make it in time or not, good luck in Trenton.

Thanks alot. I hope to see you there.

Anybody receiving anyone Civi University acceptances? Like the actual Universities, not from the Forces?

The Travel Is There said:
Already in first year  ;D

Where did you apply?

hahaha got the advantage! Mcgill, UOT, Queens and Brock!

Where do you go?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back