• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Regular Officer Training Plan (ROTP)-RMC 2000 - 2018 [Merged]

• Thread starter Travis Silcox
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Noctis said:
Nope.  Someone's decided to give us the cold shoulder.

Edit: Seems some offers went out in Ontario.

Negative, nothing here in Ontario as of yet

**Speaking on behalf of myself obviously

Cosmo said:
Negative, nothing here in Ontario as of yet

**Speaking on behalf of myself obviously

Since you're from Welland, I'm going to assume that you are dealing with CFRC Hamilton?

Where did you get the information regarding offers in Ontario?  Do you know someone who got called?

Well, I'm sure a lot of people on this thread are from Ontario, and no one is spreading the good news as of yet. So just hang tight and let offers rolls in when they roll in, nothing we can do about it now.

Hey everyone,

Congrats on all your acceptances. I was just wondering if anyone knew the amount of civvy U candidates that were accepted for your year? Also, how many of the civvy U types were on your Indoc 2 week course last summer? Thanks for the information!

Cui said:
Well, I'm sure a lot of people on this thread are from Ontario, and no one is spreading the good news as of yet. So just hang tight and let offers rolls in when they roll in, nothing we can do about it now.

+1 and I think  it will start at the beginning of the week because normally they supposed (CRFC) to had received offer last thursday or friday. Then add some time to get this sorted out and they will start to call :)  Don't forget that army is a part of government...

Ugh, anybody else almost dying of waiting to hear something? Anything? I'd take a "Hey, how are ya?" at this point. Any ideas as to when an applicant could hear back?

We're all stressing out and worrying, just sit tight, have fun with friends, read a book, do anything. Take it as training for the future, I'm guessing the wait before your first operation is much more tense than this :p

I'm actually glad that I'm in university so that I don't have time to worry about all this, since we have finals right now.

Which reminds me, good luck with finals if your are in college/university, all the hard work will pay off in the end.

Kant19 said:
Where did you get the information regarding offers in Ontario?  Do you know someone who got called?

Yes.

Edit: Truth be told, he's from a rural area, so the CFRC he deals with is probably a lot more efficient than what we have to put up with in bigger cities :p
nic32 said:
Don't forget that army is a part of government...
+1

Noctis said:
Yes.

Edit: Truth be told, he's from a rural area, so the CFRC he deals with is probably a lot more efficient than what we have to put up with in bigger cities :p+1

Can you share which rural area?  Thanks.

As a glimpse into the future, I'm set to graduate next week (after 4 years ROTP) and still haven't heard where and when I'll be going anywhere.

You'll find out when they do, and no amount of speculation will aid in hastening those offers.

Best of luck to applicants. Everytime you check this board to see if offers have come out, drop and do 20 pushups. That should help for Recruit Camp or BMOQ or whatever you'll be doing.

- Heff

Cui said:
I'm actually glad that I'm in university so that I don't have time to worry about all this, since we have finals right now.

Which reminds me, good luck with finals if your are in college/university, all the hard work will pay off in the end.

I'm currently in university undergoing finals, and am thinking about this right now. Haha.

ROTPApplicantWLU said:
I'm currently in university undergoing finals, and am thinking about this right now. Haha.

That's because you go to Laurier  ;)

Hey there,

I have a quick question to ask (And I hope that this is the right thread to ask it, since it does concern ROTP 2013/14).

Last hour, I went into my recruiting office (CFRC Kingston) to ask when the notifications were to be sent out for the current ROTP period. In February, I was told that I made the ROTP merit list (Yay me) and to wait for a call near the middle of April deciding my fate. I went in today to see if there was a more specific time they would call, and the private working the desk told me that I was on the merit list (Which I already knew) and that I was on the list for the NEXT ROTP year (So not 2013/14, but 2014/15). Now, this is contrary to what I was told in February, and contrary to what makes logical sense, as I fully completed my application (Interview, medical, CFAT, etc.) in December 2012.

Does anyone know if this holds validity, or if the private was mistaken?

Thanks everyone

Christo905 said:
Hey there,

I have a quick question to ask (And I hope that this is the right thread to ask it, since it does concern ROTP 2013/14).

Last hour, I went into my recruiting office (CFRC Kingston) to ask when the notifications were to be sent out for the current ROTP period. In February, I was told that I made the ROTP merit list (Yay me) and to wait for a call near the middle of April deciding my fate. I went in today to see if there was a more specific time they would call, and the private working the desk told me that I was on the merit list (Which I already knew) and that I was on the list for the NEXT ROTP year (So not 2013/14, but 2014/15). Now, this is contrary to what I was told in February, and contrary to what makes logical sense, as I fully completed my application (Interview, medical, CFAT, etc.) in December 2012.

Does anyone know if this holds validity, or if the private was mistaken?

Thanks everyone

I guarantee that you're not going to get better info from an online forum than from seeking to clarify with the recruiting center when it comes to your application.

There is NO such thing as a Merit List for ROTP 2014/2015.  So if your CFRC says you are "Merit Listed", then you should be on the 2013/2014 list (ie; for Fall of this year).

A friend of mine from Red Deer received his offer for RMC yesterday. I haven't had a chance to talk to him personally so I'm not sure if his offer was for AEC or Pilot. I'm still waiting on my CT offer for Pilot or CSEO. Anyone else have good news?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back