• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Regular Officer Training Plan (ROTP)-RMC 2000 - 2018 [Merged]

• Thread starter Travis Silcox
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe anyone anywhere has heard anything yet!  If there was anything yet this board would be inundated. Look at the ROTP 2012-2013 from this time last year. Sit on your hands and wait a bit longer.

chacarone said:
I don't believe anyone anywhere has heard anything yet!  If there was anything yet this board would be inundated. Look at the ROTP 2012-2013 from this time last year. Sit on your hands and wait a bit longer.

I concur.

Hey guys, I got called today, I got accepted for Aerospace Engineering :)

It seems that I will have to do my first year at Saint-Jean, which is a bit disappointing, but I guess it will help me improve my second language skills.
Is anyone else going to Saint-Jean for their first year?
If anyone is wondering, my recruitment centre is CFRC Toronto.

PS. The training begins August 6.

cplkogan said:
Hey guys, I got called today, I got accepter for Aerospace Engineering :)

It seems that I will have to do my first year at Saint-Jean, which is a bit disappointing, but I guess it will help me improve my second language skills.
Is anyone else going to Saint-Jean for their first year?
If anyone is wondering, my recruitment centre is CFRC Toronto.

PS. The training begins August 6.

Congrats! That's awesome, and good to hear offers are slowly starting to roll out. Guess we will all know for better or worse shortly.

Kant19 said:
Congrats! That's awesome, and good to hear offers are slowly starting to roll out. Guess we will all know for better or worse shortly.
Thanks, and hopefully when you find out, its for the better :)

For everyone applying from Quebec (such as I), here is a post from last year:

matthew1786 said:
OK, so I just got off the phone with my file manager. She advised that CFRC Montreal has not yet received the selections. She also mentioned that all selections in Quebec are done through CFRC Quebec City and they are the ones responsible for updating the "database". When this database is updated, that is when Montreal (and other CFRCs in the province) have access to view who was selected. So in essence, CFRC Quebec City is like the central for the province. It would make sense to assume that other provinces follow the same type of system.

So, anyone applying out of Quebec get any call backs yet? If not, it is because we are still all waiting on Quebec city to update this mysterious "database"!

Cheers.

So I guess patience is of the essence right now. That was posted on April 18th last year.

Thanks for posting that Noctis! My CRFC is Quebec City so I'll do my best to keep you guys posted.

Hello Folks,

I was wondering if any Component Transfer applicant has heard about their selection from their case manager or unit?

Ktipnorth

So update, I called the CRFC, and they got the list in Quebec City yesterday. They haven't called everyone yet, but sadly my file manager told me I wasn't selected.

Onwards to 2nd selection I guess.

Does anyone know anything about Ontario yet?  I've been trying to contact my RC for the past little while but haven't had any luck.  I assume they are really buisy or something maybe.

Alex10370 said:
I assume they are really buisy or something maybe.

Every phone call they answer from someone asking if the offers are out yet, is one less phone call they can make to offer a position to someone.

They may just be a tad busy over the next few weeks.

I got my offer for Infantry Officer at RMC today. I'm out of CFRC Vancouver.

Does anyone have any experience with second selections? I didn't expect to make the first since I'm going to Civvy U and they're processing RMC applicants first (Especially since I want to go Combat Arms), but do they fill all their positions by first selection, and more open for second, or do they stagger the whole thing?

Chelomo said:
Does anyone have any experience with second selections? I didn't expect to make the first since I'm going to Civvy U and they're processing RMC applicants first (Especially since I want to go Combat Arms), but do they fill all their positions by first selection, and more open for second, or do they stagger the whole thing?

From my understanding of how it was described to me last year, not all positions were filled in the first selection. There were 400 openings at the time of the second selection. Also, there is a third selection considered a "top up" where those who declined offers of employment left spots vacant. Keep in mind this isn't an exact methodology. People were accepted for civi-u combat trades last year in the first selection.

Fingers crossed. Good luck.

Hi everyone!

I'm also waiting for a response out of Montreal for Nursing Officer, I'd be staying at McGill to finish my BSc. Thanks for the info about how the offers come out in Quebec, much appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back