• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Regular Officer Training Plan (ROTP)-RMC 2000 - 2018 [Merged]

• Thread starter Travis Silcox
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,

I'm having some trouble filling out the academic questionnaire. If you guys could help me out, that would be much appreciated.

1) Under Part 2, I don't know what to write for Date of Completion as I have not yet graduated high school.

2) For certificate obtained, should I write down High School Diploma or leave it blank? I haven't graduated high school yet so I don't know what to write.

3) What should I write down for mid-term/interim marks if I haven't reached mid-terms yet in school?

Thanks for helping me out!

Soldier100 said:
Hey guys,

I'm having some trouble filling out the academic questionnaire. If you guys could help me out, that would be much appreciated.

1) Under Part 2, I don't know what to write for Date of Completion as I have not yet graduated high school.

2) For certificate obtained, should I write down High School Diploma or leave it blank? I haven't graduated high school yet so I don't know what to write.

3) What should I write down for mid-term/interim marks if I haven't reached mid-terms yet in school?

Thanks for helping me out!

1) Just write current/ expected completion date. Ex. (Current/ June 2016). They will know you are still in high school.

2)Write High School Diploma, they'll know you're still attending.

3)For now leave it blank or TBD.

Good luck!

runormal said:
Just saw this tweet

``The Regular Officer Training Plan application deadline for all occupations is January 31 for admission the following September. Starting in 2015, we are offering conditional Regular Officer Training Plan acceptances as early as September 15, 2015. Early Conditional Acceptance holds a full university scholarship position at a military college for the applicant.  Regular Officer Training Plan Applicants who have completed Step 3 of the applicant process (see Apply Now section), may be offered a conditional acceptance to a Regular Officer Training Program for the following September. The acceptance offer is conditional based on the applicant meeting academic requirements in their final year of high school and successfully completing Steps 4-7 of the Canadian Armed Forces Application Process.``

This should be interesting to see how this plays out.

For more information:

http://www.forces.ca/en/page/paideducation-96#tab2

and

https://twitter.com/ForcesJobs/status/649966053334904833

Really interesting. I'll email them and I'll make sure to pass on any information about the process!

Applying for ROTP Pilot and AEC. Did 8 years as NCM (AcOp) and quit, deciding to go back in since I am doing so well in civilian university.

Got my transcripts in last week, called the recruitment office today and they got word back from RMC that everything checks out and I am good for the next step. Already wrote the aptitude test in 2004 ( I did very well when I wrote it) so I am waiting on a medical now.

Pretty optimistic, the only thing I am worried is my old high school (2004) marks poisoning my overall average. I haven't gotten a concrete answer on what grades they use to calculate. I have heard they take all your pre-req courses along with a few more of your top courses and calculate, other times I have heard they take all grade 11 and 12 marks (maybe grade 10?). My high school average was very poor (63%). I took a single grade 12 science course (getting 96%) to bring my grade 12 average up to 70% to get into university. My RMC Science Program pre-reqs (from my university classes) are as follows (none of my high school courses come even close to meeting pre-reqs):

English 100: 83%
Math 102(pre-calculus): 98%
Math 110(calculus I): 97%
Chemistry 100: 88%

My current university GPA is sitting at 89.2% after 45 credit hours (15 classes).

Extras:

Boxing
Swimming
Computer Science Student Society (finance officer)
Deans List 3 semesters in a row
8 years prior service

random123 said:
I haven't gotten a concrete answer on what grades they use to calculate. I have heard they take all your pre-req courses along with a few more of your top courses and calculate, other times I have heard they take all grade 11 and 12 marks (maybe grade 10?). My high school average was very poor (63%). I took a single grade 12 science course (getting 96%) to bring my grade 12 average up to 70% to get into university. My RMC Science Program pre-reqs (from my university classes) are as follows (none of my high school courses come even close to meeting pre-reqs):

My current university GPA is sitting at 89.2% after 45 credit hours (15 classes).

Extras:

Boxing
Swimming
Computer Science Student Society (finance officer)
Deans List 3 semesters in a row
8 years prior service

They will use a combination of your previous HS Marks and your current University Marks, with the later of the two holding more weight.  If you are now waiting for the Medical and Interview to be scheduled, then you have probably already crossed the first hurdle (ie; Academic Averaging and RMC Academic Assessment).

random123 said:

Holy! Those grades in Mathematics! I just have to commend you for those since they're two tough subjects, especially calculus.
Good luck! I really hope you make it, especially with how well you're doing in Uni. Keep us posted on the progress!

Bradford_Maxwell said:
Holy! Those grades in Mathematics! I just have to commend you for those since they're two tough subjects, especially calculus.
Good luck! I really hope you make it, especially with how well you're doing in Uni. Keep us posted on the progress!

Thanks. I find that math comes naturally to me. Nice for getting good marks.

Just got my personality test, interview and medical scheduled for 22 Oct (all the same day)

Does anybody here know approximately how long it takes for the CFRC to contact you once you've uploaded your transcript on the RMC portal? Just submitted mine a couple of days ago.

Soldier100 said:
Does anybody here know approximately how long it takes for the CFRC to contact you once you've uploaded your transcript on the RMC portal?

RMC processing turn-around time?
http://army.ca/forums/threads/113466.0
"What is the general turn-around time from RMC after one has submitted their Academic questionnaire and transcript?"

mariomike said:
RMC processing turn-around time?
http://army.ca/forums/threads/113466.0
"What is the general turn-around time from RMC after one has submitted their Academic questionnaire and transcript?"

Yeah, the turn-around time was what I was looking for, just couldn't remember the right word. So, after reading that thread it looks like I should wait for AT LEAST a month before I start to get worried.

Soldier100 said:
Yeah, the turn-around time was what I was looking for, just couldn't remember the right word. So, after reading that thread it looks like I should wait for AT LEAST a month before I start to get worried.

From the time you upload your documents as instructed through the RMC Portal, it is usually a couple of weeks before you will be notified of the results.  If you have not heard anything within 3-4 weeks, then you need to start making phone calls to your local CFRC.

It's 20 business days since I've had any contact from the CFRC after taking my CFAT/TSD, should I be worried? I've sent emails to two different recruiters who were once very responsive and have not heard since.

Bradford_Maxwell said:
It's 20 business days since I've had any contact from the CFRC after taking my CFAT/TSD, should I be worried? I've sent emails to two different recruiters who were once very responsive and have not heard since.

Were you successful with the cfat? Usually they tell you on the spot how you did

random123 said:
Were you successful with the cfat? Usually they tell you on the spot how you did

They shouldn't say anything since it'll all percentiles, they said they would contact everyone in 15 business days on how well they did or if they should change trades, etc. Haven't heard since.

I have recently just finished high school and I'm currently working a full-time job. I am looking towards going to RMC and becoming an Infantry Officer. I have been in Army Cadets for 5 years now and through cadets have recently earned my CF basic  parachutist wings. When and how does the selection process take place allowing me to go to RMC and go through the ROTP? I would also like to know how likely it would be for me to get in my first time applying because if I do not get accepted I will most likely end up going non-commissioned right away.

GilbertBrother said:
When and how does the selection process take place allowing me to go to RMC and go through the ROTP?

This may help,

ROTP Competition 2016 - 2017 
http://army.ca/forums/threads/120371.0
2 pages.

"Starting in 2015, we are offering conditional Regular Officer Training Plan acceptances as early as September 15, 2015."
http://www.forces.ca/en/page/paideducation-96#tab2

HI~! I'm currently a Mcgill student, age of 21, is it possible for me to join the ROTP? i had good grades in my first and second year of university, then i fail a lot in my third year.

233967256 said:
HI~! I'm currently a Mcgill student, age of 21, is it possible for me to join the ROTP? i had good grades in my first and second year of university, then i fail a lot in my third year.

Normally, if you are applying for ROTP, you need to have a minimum of "2-years" remaining in your program of study  (ie; a 1st or 2nd year student at the time of application).  If you are into your 3rd year of a 4 year program or the last year of your program, your ROTP chances are slim at best.

If you are into your "final" year, then you can apply for DEO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back