• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Releasing After 10 years

Sub_Guy

Army.ca Veteran
Inactive
Reaction score
I am just wondering what would my entitlements be if I were to release after 10 years of service.    Also I bought back some res time which will enable me to retire @ 20 with a 25 year pension.

Good place to start.

http://www.forces.gc.ca/dgcb/dpsp/engraph/pensionretirement_e.asp?sidesection=4&sidecat=15

I am wondering how you bought back 15 'full' years of Reserve time.......Were you in the Reserves for 20 or more years, most of it on Class B or C?

George,

He said retire at 20 with 25 years service, that means five years of Reserve time.  I would guess he means, does that five years add anything to his severence package at 10 years.

D

I took it he was going to retire at 10.  Anyway, 5 years for Reserve Time is still a lot.

George Wallace said:
I took it he was going to retire at 10.  Anyway, 5 years for Reserve Time is still a lot.

No more than I bought back    ;)

Regards

I got 1.5 years for over six years of Reserves.  Times have changed.  To expensive to try and buy it back at the end (if there was a mistake in entitlements).

Sub_Guy said:
    Also I bought back some res time which will enable me to retire @ 20 with a 25 year pension.

My hubby bought back 4-5 yrs Res time as well and he is not allowed to count it towards his pension until he has done his min. 20 years.

If you release after 10, you may not beable to count the Res time you bought back.

muffin

Back