• Thanks for stopping by. Logging in to a registered account will remove all generic ads. Please reach out with any questions or concerns.

Renaming of jr ranks mess

my72jeep said:
Back in my day we called the JR's in St John's the Garrison Club.

Oh that's long since gone. IIRC it was in the bldg that housed 56 FD SQN and 36 Circus SVC BN. That room is now called the A.C. Cowan room.

We have gone to two seperate messes here the Jr's and the SNCO'S/WO'S AND OFFICERS MESS lol

NFLD Sapper said:
Oh that's long since gone. IIRC it was in the bldg that housed 56 FD SQN and 35 Circus SVC BN. That room is now called the A.C. Cowan room.

We have gone to two seperate messes here the Jr's and the SNCO'S/WO'S AND OFFICERS MESS lol
35 thought it was 36?

PiperDown said:
The JR's in shilo was renamed after 2VP moved to town.  In order to better reflect the entire military community now in shilo it was deemed a name change was in order.
All that was required was a vote by the members at a mess meeting. (and new name to be approved by base commander).. Its your mess.. the membership can call it what they want.

Cheers,

I still remember that "fiasco"  ::)
Thanks to that vote, the JR's is now know as "The Junior Ranks Club"

NFLD Sapper said:
my bad......

:brickwall:
Sok... you said they shared the same building as the 56, they used to be down the hill. I used to toss apples down the hill at my older brother who was a EME.

HighlandIslander said:
The CGG's Jr ranks mess is called the JFY club, after John Francis Young, VC.

You have obviously spent waay too much time hanging around the CGG armoury.... back to the Red Hackle club you go!

geo said:
You have obviously spent waay too much time hanging around the CGG armoury.... back to the Red Hackle club you go!

It's one of the few I remember about their mess from when I visited on Levee Day a couple of years back... the rest is still a blur.

Back